20: Live show 2

thanks for ur support, love you xx

Harry has never felt as prepared as he is this week. The second life show will start in a couple of minutes and although he missed the first day of rehearsals, Louis came back the second day and Matteo and him worked harder than ever.

"Hey guys!" Louis walks up to the two boys who are all ready to go on stage for the group song. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as someone can be, Louis." Matteo jumps a little to proof his point though. "Got to go quickly to the toilet though before the group number."

"Good idea, lad." Louis laughs, giving Matteo a fist bump and wishing him good luck. When he is gone he turns to Harry.

"You're going to do great, angel." He puts a curl behind the younger boy's ear. "I believe in you, always do."

It's not normal, the effect Louis' words have on Harry. He can feel butterflies dance around inside his body.

"Thanks for being the best, Lou." Harry mumbles before pulling Louis into a hug. "Wish me good luck."

"Good luck, Hazza. Show everybody the star that you are."

And the group number went great. They all sang Stole my heart together and the vibe was just right. It felt amazing.

Now Harry is rehearsing backstage for his solo song. He is going to sing 'I want' and he is so nervous. He has to do this performance perfectly because this week again two boys, like Stefan and Andrew last week, have to leave and starting from next week they will all have to perform self written songs and that's the moment Harry has been waiting for. He can't wait to share his songs with the world, with Louis, what's the difference actually? He takes one more deep breath before stepping on stage.

"That was a really good performance, Max!" Liam smiles at the boy standing on the stage between Perrie and James. "You're growing every week."

Louis can't help but roll his eyes. This dude was rude to Harry and he just wants him out so there is no way he is going to give him positive feedback.

"I just think that if you can't dance Max, you shouldn't try. Find another way to move on stage." Louis has a fake smile on his face. "I don't see the growing like Liam sees. Your voice is okay, can't argue with that, but it doesn't make me feel anything. On paper you are alright I guess, I just don't see you making it." Louis breaks eye contact with the contestant and stares at his papers where he wrote importation notes (not at all Harry's name with a few hearts).

"Thank you." Max nods and walks off stage and Perrie announces that it's commercial time.

"Louis." Liam snaps. "That was just plane rude."

"Max is rude." Louis says without even looking at his bandmate. "I don't want him in, just to be clear."

"You only want Harry in." Liam rolls his eyes. "Be a bit more considerate. You can't bet on one horse, Louis. There are 8 more other guys here. You should all give them a fair chance."

"Who says I don't ." Louis takes his glass of water and takes a sip. "I can have preferences, Liam."

"You're going too far in your preferences. Don't you think people don't notice that you spend all your time with Harry?"

"I mentor him."

"Matteo as well, you aren't that defensive over him."

"I really think Matteo has a chance to be a finalist. I support him as well just like I support Harry."

"You..."

"Boys!" Niall intervenes. "Just stop it, okay? Louis of course you are allowed to share your opinion, you were maybe just a little bit too rude. I get the both of you." Niall says. "I'm a huge fan of Harry as well but he isn't flawless."

Louis bites his lips.

That's because you don't know him the way I do.

He wants to answer but Perrie comes back on stage, announcing that Harry Styles is going to perform.

So Louis' head is resting on his hand, elbow put on the table as he watches the curly boy step on stage. He looks nervous, so nervous. That's definitely something they are going to work on next week.

The song starts to play and Harry starts to do some moves that Louis recognises similar to the ones from doing rehearsals but not completely the same.

He gives Louis some kind of look, asking for help and Louis gives him a nod, a small smile and it seems like it encourages Harry to keep performing, giving it his all.

"Give it up for Harry Styles!" James shouts into the mic, the audience clapping enthusiastically for the youngest boy of the competition.

"Let's listen to what the boys have to say. Zayn, what do you think of Harry's performance?"

"Hey, Harry!" Zayn smiles. "You always make everybody smile. You are such a nice lad. IN the beginning you were nervous but the end was smashing. I liked it!"

"He was too nervous." Liam continues. "If you will be a part of One Direction you have to know how to control your nerves and that's a skill you don't have yet." He says, making Louis angry. Is he really being a bitch to Harry because he was rude to Max?

"You could take training with him then, Liam." Louis snaps. "Because I remember you stuttering while doing an award speech."

"Louis." Niall whisper yells.

"About Harry's performance. You were a little bit nervous but that's normal." Louis gives him a sweet smile. "But you got better every single second of the song. Of course it wasn't perfect but I'm also not perfect yet and believe it or not, even Liam here isn't perfect. I love seeing you on stage and you are actually growing, not every single week, but every single day. I'm proud of you, Harry."

Harry blushes and thanks the judges before leaving the stage. Liam gives Louis an angry stare but Louis ignores him. When he started talking bad to Harry something inside of him snapped. Harry doesn't deserve to be talked to like that. Louis won't ever allow that.

And the bottom three boys are standing in front of the judges and it breaks Louis' heart because Harry is one of them, together with Logan and Jeremy who are both pretty talented according to Louis as well.

The three of them give the judges a sad look, waiting for the verdict. Normally they have to discuss now but Louis doesn't even let that happen.

"No time for suspense." He says. "Logan, Jeremy I am so sorry but you guys will have to go home. Harry stays."

He can feel the eyes of his bandmates burn on him but he doesn't care. There is no way that he lets Harry go home.

When the show is over he runs up to Harry and hugs him closely.

"You're in." Louis mumbles in Harry's curls. "You're not going home, baby. There is no way I'm letting you go home."

"Is it okay? Did the boys agree, Lou? It went so fast." Harry mumbles, tears streaming down his cheeks. He was so close of going home, he got the fewest votes of the public. He really has to control his nerves because it's going to be the end of him.

"Harry I don't care about the others, okay? We are going to work so hard this week and you will be able to show off your songwriter talent and I can't wait to hear it." Louis kisses Harry's cheek.

"I will fight for it, Hazza. I will fight for it that people see what I see in you. I want you in the band and if it's not you well then I'm going as well. I'm not sharing the stage with someone I don't feel comfortable about."

"Thanks for saving me, Lou." Harry says, staring into Louis' blue eyes. "And not only tonight but just in general. Your music has always saved me, your friendship does and just you, as a person."

"I have to go to the band." Louis says, playing with Harry's fingers. "But can I come to your room tonight? Want to spend time together?"

And Harry's smile is precious. It's so fucking wonderful when he nods.

"I'll see you tonight, Lou. I'll wait for you."