7: Bootcamp day 4

"You have to eat something, Louis." Liam says the next morning during breakfast. They are able to be just the four of them now that Luke is with them watching the dvd of the concert and the question round.

"I'm not hungry."

"That's bullshit, Lou." Niall shakes his head. "Yesterday you skipped dinner so you really should eat breakfast now. It's also a busy program for us."

"What are you? The food police?" Louis snaps, pushing his plate away.

"We understand that this is hard." Zayn puts his hand on Louis' shoulder. "But you really can't let him influence you like that. You have to take care of your body, He is leaving today already Lou and after that you will only have to see him during the finals of the show and that's it."

"You never thought about the fact that that is maybe my problem?" Louis has tears in his eyes. "We've been attached to the hip for more than five years and now you all just think that I can act like he is just some stranger to me. He is not, okay. We share memories that don't come even close to the ones I have with you guys. The connection we had was on a whole other level. So no, you don't understand." Louis throws his chair to the back and runs out of the dining room to lock himself up in his room. Zayn stands up to follow him but Liam stops him.

"Give him some time alone, Z. He is right, we don't understand. We'll get him in an hour to discuss the evaluation of the boys."

An hour later Zayn is the one to get Louis out of his room. He knocks on the door and Louis stands up to open it. His hair is still damp from the shower and he changed in a pair of sweats and a comfy t-shirt.

"You look a bit better." Zayn smiles.

"I rewatched the auditions." Louis says, grabbing his keys to lock the door behind him. "It calmed me down to know that at least the band, our lifework, hasn't been ruined. It would have been my mistake."

"it wouldn't." Zayn interrupts immediately. "If anything you are the one saving this band all the time Louis. Our songs don't sound as authentic without you and you've been writing so many good songs. You are literally the key to One Direction."

"Thanks." Louis mumbles.

And when the two boys arrive in the living room Niall stands up to give Louis a big hug.

"How are you doing, Tommo?"

Louis has a small smile on his face. He loves his bandmates, he loves them to death and honestly he is a little bit happy that he gets to spend more time with them as well. He was always glued to Luke. It was really not healthy anymore.

"I'm good Nialler. I'm sorry I snapped at you this morning."

"You should say that to Harry mate." Niall says while letting himself fall on the couch.

"Harry?" Louis can't help that his heart reacts when he hears that name. it beats slightly faster than usual.

"Yeah, mate. He was really down this morning so I had a little chat with him. He is such a nice kid. Anyway, he said that he is fighting with you. You were pretty snappy during the workshop and then he called you an asshole and you heard. He feels pretty bad about it."

"He should feel bad about it." Louis' jaw clenches. He remembers Harry being on the phone with his stupid boyfriend and calling him that. Louis acted like he didn't really care but honestly it hurt him like a bitch. On the other hand he thought it was pretty amazing that Harry called him out because Louis deserved to be called out yesterday by the way he behaved. All the other boys are too scared for their place while Harry is just honest. Honesty is really a trait that Louis needs for his new band member otherwise there will be drama again.