Part 9

Xavier handed his phone to Officer Barras and began to talk to me. I was telling him that Catherine wasn't thinking and that she didn't hurt anyone at all except for me but it wasn't by the gun it was by being throwing me across the classroom. Officer Barras knew the Catherine was innocent and then told Sophia that there was a bigger issue at hand. There was a bomb in Summer Hearts High and not just this little bomb that would just blow up a classroom. No, this bomb was big enough to blow up the whole school and everyone in the classroom.

        "Are you kidding me? I can't believe this. There is a bomb in the school and you guys haven't tried to get everyone else out of this building." I exclaimed.

        "The rest of the school is outside already. We just need to figure out how long until the bomb goes off and how to get you kids out of there." Officer Barras said calmly.

        I couldn't believe what was happening. I just couldn't believe it. I had just thought this morning that today was going to be a normal day, the only thing different was that it was also my birthday. But no, I had to get stuck in a room with the school shooter and for an extra bonus there is a bomb in the school. I'd be lucky to get home for my birthday supper with Josh. 'Why did this have to happen today?' I thought to myself. I quickly calmed down as fast as I could and I turned toward Josh.

        "Josh, how well do you know this school now?"I asked Josh.

        "Um... pretty well. I can find any place in this school. Just name the place and I'll find it for you. Why?" Josh replied.

        "Do you know where someone could hide a bomb big enough to blow up the school?"

        "Um. That would either be in the janitors closet in that small room just down the hall from the boiler room. Why do you ask?"

        I had an idea but I didn't know if any of the cops would know the school that well or if Catherine would let anyone leave this room. I had to try something I just didn't know what to try. I was in a room with my brother and two of my best friends and a girl who had a mental break down and brought a gun to school. For some reason after I remembered who was in the room I couldn't think any more. I had to stop and force myself to think of away to get everyone to safety. But how?

        "Hello... Hello... Is anyone there?" Said Officer Barras. I had completely forgot He was still on the phone with me.

        "Oh... Sorry! I forgot you where there." I replied, "I have an idea of where the bomb may be. But I don't think that you or any other officer would know where to look. But it's worth a shot. By any chance would you know how long until the bomb goes off?"

        "Well, we figure around 25 minutes. I know that's soon but we need to know what your idea is for where the bomb may be." Officer Barras said as calm as possible.

        "25 MINUTES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 20 MINUTES TO GET TO THE ROOM FROM OUTSIDE!" I exclaimed.

        "I'm sorry but this is our only option and if we get this wrong all five of you could either end up in the hospital or end up dead. I'm Sorry." He replied.

        "I see. Well the only place that a person could actually hide a bomb according to my brother would be the Janitor's closet down the hall from the boiler room. But even then like I said it would like about 20 minutes to get down there so you'd have to bring a bombs sqaud with you down there." I said with labored breathing.

        "Thank you! We are going to keep you on the line so we know that you and the other four people in that room are still safe and still alive." He said in relief.

        I kept walking around the class while Catherine was scared to death. Iris and Violet were playing cards to pass the time. Josh was on his laptop watching the news about our school. I couldn't stand being helpless anymore. I was starting to go nuts and everyone could see it. I walked over to the book shelf in the classroom and found a book on swords, gun, knives, and every weapon known to man. 'Why is this book in a Science/English classroom?' I thought to myself.

        "Sophia, are you there?... are you there?... Please answer me it's Xavier!" He said in a near panic.

        "Yeah, Xavier I'm here. What's wrong? You sound like your about to fall into a panic attack or something." I said in a worried tone.

        "I have some news for you but I'm not sure if you going to like it or not?" Xavier replied.