Chapter 2: A Dinner to Remember

Author's POV
They all ended up having dinner at Roderich's place because he was the only one with a big enough table.

It was everyone from the Germanic family, with Feliciano, Elizaveta, and Emma. Because lovers exist.

Roderich and Elizaveta were setting up for the dinner gathering. As Elizaveta ran around the house getting whatever they needed, Roderich noticed her dress.

It was a sage green dress, with off-the-shoulder sleeves, that fell just above her knees. Roderich remembered it as the dress she wore the night he proposed to her.

He remembered it sparkling in the moonlight, as he got ready to pop the question. To which she said yes. He still remembered it like it happened yesterday.

-Flashback-

Elizaveta's sage green dress sparkled in the moonlight as she looked over the balcony.

Now was his time. It was time to ask her, finally. The question he was waiting to ask someone all these years. And he knew she was the right person to ask it to.

The tiny black velvet box held in his hand contained a diamond ring - The perfect ring for her.

Her brown hair was carried by the breeze, she looked like something out of a dream.

A dream you'd never want to wake up from. A dream you'd wish would continue forever.

He took a deep breath and mumbled to himself "You can do this." He shakily got down on one knee, opening the small black velvet box with the ring inside.

As Elizaveta turned to look at Roderich, she was greeted with him down on one knee, with the ring box open, displaying a diamond ring.

"Elizaveta... all this time I've known you, I've loved you with every inch of my heart. And... you'd make me the happiest man ever to walk this earth if you married me. So, will you marry me?" He asked.

Elizaveta was speechless. Her eyes locked with Roderich's as he waited for a reply. Soon, she smiled with clear drops forming in her eyes. "Yes, yes I will."

Roderich smiled, still slightly shocked. "You will?" He said. She nodded. "Of course, I will. I wouldn't want to marry anyone else."

Roderich's smile stayed, as his cheeks turned a shade of pink. He put the ring on her finger, the diamond glistening in the moonlight.

It was at that moment he knew his life was perfect. Because he had her. She was all he ever needed to be happy.

-Present-

"Hey, Eliza, isn't that the dress you wore when I proposed to you?" Roderich asked.

Elizaveta looked down at the sage green dress. "Oh, yes it is! I mean, there is a reason it's my favourite dress, after all." She said.

Roderich smirked. "I know. You look gorgeous in it, I wish you'd wear it more." He said, blush turning his cheeks a shade of rosy pink.

Elizaveta smiled. "Why, thank you. I love it too. If we had more fancy events like this, I'd wear it more." She replied, spinning around to show off the dress a bit more.