Chapter 11: Baking Up Answers

(A\N: Little context; Jack is Australia, and for some reason, me and my friends ship him with Luxembourg. Don't question it, I'm not sure either, but it oddly works. Also, Wendy is Wy and Dwight is Hutt River.)

——————————————

"Fuck."

Vash could hear Emma's knocking disturbing the peaceful silence of the house. He walked over to his window and stared down through it. In the sunlight stood Emma, once again with a bag full of what the Swiss man assumed to be baking supplies, at the door, waiting for Vash.

"Don't you have a key?!" Vash exclaimed through the window, his blonde, messy hair blowing in the slight breeze. "Oh, yea! It's somewhere in my bag. Lemme just..." Emma paused, stuffing her hand into her other bag, which looked to be a plain brown tote bag from Vash's view.

"Aha! Got it!" She cheered, opening up the door with the key. Vash left his room, meeting Emma at the stairs. "Vash! I missed you!" She greeted, hugging him. Despite Vash trying to pull away, he eventually gave up and put his arms around her. "It's only been a few days, but I've missed you as well."

Emma kissed Vash on the cheek, making him flustered. "Are we baking... Again?" Asked Vash, pointing to one of Emma's two bags. "Of course we are!" She replied happily, grabbing his hand and eagerly leading him into the kitchen, which was somewhat messy. Besides, Vash wasn't the most organized person ever.

The Belgian girl poured the bag's contents onto the counter, then fixed them so they were upward, for Vash to see them all properly. "Alright!" Chimed Emma, as Vash sat down on a chair placed up against the kitchen's wall, with his right leg on the chair, and his left one dangling.

"Y'know," Vash began, looking at Emma. "I'm not the best baker in the world. But I always threw together something nice for Lilli's birthday." He said as Emma turned to face him. She beamed, sticking her hand out to Vash, motioning him to come over to her. "I've seen! They're well done. Now, let's bake, shall we?"

Vash looked at Emma's hand, slowly getting up and taking it. Emma pulled him close to her, almost tripping Vash up. "Good to know. How about you start on the batter, hm? I'll find the pans in this mess." Emma bent down to find the pans as Vash started on the cupcake batter.

Now, this was Emma's chance to find out more about Lilli.

After her and Lilli's phone call, she was desperate to know more about Lilli. What was Vash's side of the story? How he felt under their adoptive mother? How he saw Lilli's emotions? Emma was dying to know.

"So, tell me," Emma started, as she searched through the cupboards. "How was yours and Lilli's adoptive mother?" Vash froze at the question, nearly dropping the measuring cup he was holding. "That's a... Complicated question. I'd rather not answer, Em." Vash responded.

As much as Emma was curious to know, she did want to respect the boundaries put into place. "Alrighty. Anyway, before this whole incident, tell me a bit more of what Lilli was like, would you?" Emma asked, pretending as if she hadn't found it, although she did, just so she could continue listening to Vash.

"Hold, on, why are you asking all these questions?" Vash replied, skeptical of Emma. She shrugged, acting normally. "Genuine curiosity." She said, turning to look at him. Vash sighed, resting his arm on the counter. "Shy, but still a kind, caring girl. She is hard to anger, but that might've changed."