Into the Future

"Hey!" A shout comes from the other side of the closed door. I scowl at the door where the shout came from, and Yusuf just chuckles at me, "Are you two staying in there all day or what?" Lio's voice continues from the other side of the door.

"What's it to you?!" I shout back at the door and the only reply is a laugh that gets quieter as it walks away. I huff before squishing myself closer to Yusuf.

"You know... Now that you're awake you probably should go and tell everything to your father..." Ugh...

"Oh God..." I dramatically flip myself over and cover my head with the blankets.

"You know you have to tell him eventually... Why put it off?" Yusuf asks while placing a hand on my arm.

"Because I didn't think that I would have to tell him for twenty or so years... Now... I don't know... I guess I just don't feel ready... Especially with how Lio took to start."

"He deserves to know the truth. It was your father who told us that you had been taken by Abstergo in the first place after all." Yusuf points out the fact that without my dad I would entirely likely still be in that tank, probably being examined by whoever Moore's boss is... I remember his last name was Harris because that's the same name that Nyx—Adeline—seems to have adopted. But his first name escapes me.

"I know that... But... I guess I just don't want to see him hurting from my truth is all... Because I could see how much it pained my mom... I almost couldn't finish telling her... It was so hard." I curl up a little at the edge of the bed and Yusuf rubs my back in comfort, "I don't want that for my dad."

"Even so... After all the effort he gave to save you, and what happened when we were leaving that place... I believe it is your responsibility to tell him the truth."

"Why do you always have to make so much sense?" I ask Yusuf bitterly.

"What can I say? I'm just an incredibly logical person."

"How long did I sleep anyway?" I ask trying to divert the topic a little.

"We arrived here yesterday at around four in the morning... And you woke up a little after one this morning. Considering that you fell asleep on the boat—"

"Gee... I wonder whose fault that is?" I comment sarcastically.

"You slept for probably twenty-two or so hours." He continues without missing a beat at my comment, "So you should really get ready to tell your dad." Yusuf deftly brings us back to the exact probably I was wanting to ditch.

"Fine... But I think I want you there for support..."

"Of course, Najmay. I will always be there to help you..." Now... I finish in my head. He will be coping with this drastic change to his life for a while... And so I must also be as supportive as I can. Even if that might end up meaning that he feels the need to... Leave.

Nope. I'm not even going to let that sit in my mind...

But...

What if he did decide that... That he wanted...

I mean I know that I've been all over the place since I got changed...

Would it be so impossible if he decided that...

"Najmay?" His voice breaks through my dangerous line of thought, "You cannot lay here forever instead of talking to your father." I chuckle a little bit.

"Dang... Foiled again! You saw right through my devious plan..." I roll back over and let my arm flop over his chest. I feel his chest shake with his laughter as he takes the initiative to get out of the bed and then he begins to pull me from it. "Nnnughhhh..."