Confessions and Rescue Plans

Yusuf

It has taken them a week to make these plans. Aiden often pressing the gravity of how well-guarded this specific Abstergo facility currently is. Which is partially why they have painstakingly gone over ever single detail of their plan at least three dozen times. The facility they took Astraea to is called the Solis Research Oasis. Aquilo had laughed at the name, calling a typical Abstergo hoity-toity title. Yusuf learnt then that 'hoity-toity' essentially referred to anything that was excessively arrogant or haughty.

Aiden also reiterates many times over that normally Astraea would be considered a lost cause... Beyond the point of saving since this is such a closely watched facility. But apparently the current Mentor, a man named William Miles, agreed that the loss of a true prodigy like Astraea would be too much to risk, especially if they were to allow her to be turned over to the Templar side.

According to Aiden, someone on the inside of this facility snuck out some of the details of it about a week ago. It is unclear who it could have been as the message had been expertly hidden. It had apparently gone out on an encrypted satellite link and once it got to the internet it had more or less put itself right in the view of any hacker willing to look at some top secret Abstergo information. But the message had been coded so that only a few could decode it. Namely Rebecca, the Assassin who had shown us the video of Astraea getting drugged, and one other by the name of Shaun. It had been Shaun who found it and passed the information along to Aiden and Zephyr. Although apparently the two are in fact a set. They had also briefly mentioned a group... Erudito as Yusuf recalls, that could likely also have understood the message but would likely stay uninvolved with this as it doesn't directly interfere with anything on their end.

Currently the group of hopeful rescuers are on the highway going north up the eastern edge of something called Vancouver Island. It's been a gradual trip, first a ferry from the large city and now driving. Lots of driving. Yusuf mostly watching the world sail by outside the window or reading about the next thing on Zephyr's list of must knows.

Yusuf has now covered the beginnings of modern... Well everything... As well as getting to history starting where he died. And he now knows that the 'New World' that Christopher Columbus had only just 'discovered' is now essentially one of the central places in the view of the world. Much the way Italy had been during the time of Leonardo DaVinci and his fellows during what is now called the Renaissance. Apparently, history comes quite easily to Yusuf. A fact he intends on bragging about to Astraea. Even now he is studying.

Aiden had mentioned that they would be meeting up with another Assassin who has agreed to help with this venture. An Assassin who had apparently been more or less sizing this facility up already. This Assassin has also supposedly set up a few locations for us to fall back on once we have secured Astraea.

The Solis facility has apparently been in use primarily for holding Assassin descendants who could prove to be useful. Zephyr had explained that Abstergo uses many of its clinics as fronts for hunting down certain genetic strains, namely those connected to Assassins. This led into the discussion on how the Templars control huge chunks of modern society through Abstergo, such as merchandise production, pharmaceuticals, and even branching into the entertainment industry.

"Uh... Guys?" Aquilo pipes up from the front seat of the car. Both Aiden and Zephyr ask what at the same time and in the same tone, causing Yusuf to smile a little bit, "Isn't Lukas Emmett's cousin?" He just asks. Yusuf just looks back out the window, fairly sure the conversation has nothing to do with him.

"Oh shit. You're right, what side are they cousins on? Dad, do you know if Lukas has done much time in the Animus?" Zephyr has a revelation as to what they are talking about, but it is lost on Yusuf.