26: Busan Beaches pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"And this is all for free?"

The CEO nodded. "It's too late for BTS to get a refund on their expenses, so they generously offered to let you boys stay in their place."

"We'll give them our thanks."

"Good."

Heeseung watched the CEO leave, feeling ten times more confused than he had been before. He tossed the banana bread into a trashcan on his way back to the waiting area.

***

"Hey, hyung," Heeseung smiled, hugging Namjoon. "It's good to see you again."

"You too, Heeseung. How was the plane ride?"

"Luxurious."

Namjoon laughed, patting his back. "Looks like you all had fun."

Heeseung nodded shyly. "We can't thank you enough for this."

"Ah, it's nothing. The money would've gone to waste otherwise."

"May I ask why you guys are going back to Seoul?"

Namjoon scanned the area, making sure the other boys were out of earshot. "Things are getting... worse."

He pulled Heeseung to the large pillar where they had all left their suitcases.

"The sasaeng keeps sending Jin roses in absurd amounts. One of the HYBE receptionists sent us a picture of today's delivery: fourteen bouquets. The poor mailman had to buy special gloves to-"

"Wait, mailman? Daniel always receives his roses by hand, usually from one of our staff."

Namjoon frowned. "That's strange. We usually receive by mail."

"Actually," Heeseung started. "It's not strange. We haven't gotten any fanmail since the merge; I'm pretty sure our manager isn't letting it get through to us."

He let out a nervous laugh. "Well, at least I hope so. It'd suck to find out nobody sent us anything."

Namjoon nodded, leaning against the pillar. "That's probably something you should look into."

"We will." Heeseung anxiously crossed his arms. "Hey, um, this is slightly unrelated, but where is everybody?"

Besides the seven members of BTS and the thirteen of Belift, the airport terminal in Busan was empty.

"Oh, security shut down this sector of the airport to give us some privacy, and our staff is still at the hotel trying to pack everything up. They won't be leaving until tomorrow morning, and your staff isn't arriving until then either."

"So we're unsupervised for tonight?" Heeseung grinned.

"Nope, nice try," Namjoon chuckled. "At the hotel, you guys are staying on the fifty-seventh floor, which has two suites, one with four bedrooms and one with three. Our staff will be on the floor right beneath you, just a quick elevator ride away."

"Namjoon hyung!" Jungkook ran across the airport terminal with Sunoo, Jimin, and Taehyung hot on his heels. "Guess what!"

"What?"

"Sunoo told Jimin hyung, who told Taehyung hyung, who told me that-"

"Belift holds investigations too," Jimin cut in, getting straight to the point. "They're having one right now about the sasaeng."

"Too?" Heeseung questioned, glancing up as Jin joined them by the pillar.

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah. Me, Jimin, and Jungkook used to investigate stuff all the time, but these past couple of years, we haven't done much because of our schedules."