22: Bonus 6 [Sunghoon]: The Point of No Return

Start from the beginning

He ran back to the living room, leaving Sunghoon alone with Yeonjun and Beomgyu. They gave him bittersweet smiles, both shivering despite being wrapped in towels.

"Sunghoonie." Yeonjun patted an empty seat beside him. "Why don't you sit down?"

Sunghoon shook his head, forcing himself to be productive. He took care of Beomgyu first, wiping mud off his face and placing ointment over his rug burns. Beomgyu grinned as Sunghoon depressedly plucked a stray eyelash from his cheek.

"Want to know a secret?" He reached into his pocket and pulled a pair of handcuffs out. "I got a little something to match the taser."

Sunghoon was too upset about Heeseung to react. He silently moved on to Yeonjun, cleaning a small cut near his elbow before sequentially placing a band-aid on it. His two patients exchanged worried glances.

"Hey, Sunghoon," Yeonjun smiled, pulling him into a chair. "Knock knock."

Sunghoon hesitated. "Who's there?"

"Ach."

"Ach who?"

Beomgyu giggled, poking Sunghoon's stomach. "Bless you."

Sunghoon was unsure what was so funny about the joke. He looked up as Taehyun joined them at the table, setting down two sets of dry clothes.

"Not yet," Taehyun scolded, slapping Beomgyu's hand away from the laundry. "Both of you, shower first."

"But the rain-" Beomgyu started.

"-is not a shower." Taehyun pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Now go."

Yeonjun yawned, standing up. "Is there any hot water left?"

"I think we should shower together to save the environment."

"Beomgyu, what the fuck?" Yeonjun grabbed a dry towel before disappearing into a bathroom and firmly locking the door.

Sunghoon glanced at Taehyun, confused.

"It's normal, don't worry." Taehyun nudged Beomgyu's chair with his foot, pushing him towards the second bathroom. "Gyu, go!"

"I need something first."

Taehyun rolled his eyes, sending the older boy off with a kick and a kiss.

Sunghoon smiled faintly. "That's cute. He loves you a lot."

"Nah," Taehyun laughed. "He loves the attention. Feeds off of it like a leech."

A few others joined them at the table.

"Heeseung hyung's awake," Kai announced. "If you want, you can-"

Sunghoon stood up immediately, scanning the dorm. He spotted Heeseung with Soobin, half-walking half-being carried to a bedroom, and he rushed to follow.

"Wait." Jungwon grabbed his hand. "Soobin hyung's helping him change into dry clothes."

"Of course," Sunghoon sighed, sitting back down.

An eternity passed before the bedroom door opened again.

"You guys can come in," Soobin called. "But try not to crowd him. And be quiet; he's sleeping."

Sunghoon scrambled to his feet, nearly tripping in his haste to see Heeseung. He was relieved to find the boy resting peacefully in Jay and Jungwon's bed, looking much healthier than before.

"What did you give him? Why was he sick?"

"Hyung." Sunoo patted his hand. "Breathe."

Sunghoon took a seat on the floor beside the bed. He lightly stroked Heeseung's rain-damp bangs, trying to ignore the fluttering in his chest. A minute passed before he became self-conscious of everyone's stares. He looked up, insecure, and witnessed several disapproving faces quickly wipe themselves blank. The room remained silent as Sunghoon shifted awkwardly, unable to tear himself away from Heeseung.