19: Bonus 5 [Yeonjun]: A Dance With the Devil

Start from the beginning

"Nope," Yeonjun replied, breaking the tips of each pencil one by one on the desk. "We have plenty; cause nobody ever does their homework."

He started uncapping the pens.

Soobin shifted uncomfortably. "We shouldn't do that. Those look expensive."

Yeonjun sighed, turning to face him. "This jerk nearly killed you, and you're worried about his pens?"

"Don't exaggerate; he barely pushed me."

"Stop letting people walk all over you, Soob. You and I both know what would've happened if Heeseung wasn't there."

Soobin quieted down.

Yeonjun continued to stare, egging him on. "Remember when he 'barely pushed' Taehyun? Broke his finger two days after our last comeback."

"That was an accident," Soobin mumbled.

"Was it?"

They stood silently for a moment.

Soobin's face hardened. "Give me the damn pen."

He snatched it from Yeonjun's grasp, forcefully breaking the nib against the desk.

Yeonjun watched him ravage through the CEO's collection, half-proud, half-concerned. He decided against telling Soobin the original plan was only to let the ink dry out.

He crouched by the younger boy's legs, sliding into the shadows under the desk. Delicately, very delicately, he started to undo the bolts with a screwdriver. Each drawer slowly clicked out of place as he made his way up the line. Satisfied with the result, he scooched back out into the light.

Soobin glanced down at him. "What did you do?"

Yeonjun sat back, propping himself up with his hands.

"I give you the most frustrating thing in the world," he grinned, giving the bottom drawer a light kick.

It slid open, hitting the floor with a small thump.

"A drawer that will never sit right."

Soobin snorted. "Alright, Einstein, I think it's time to go."

"I'm serious; try to put it back in," Yeonjun insisted.

Soobin sighed, kneeling beside the desk. Curiosity made him peer inside the displaced drawer.

"Woah, come here, look." He shifted through a pile of folders inside the container. "I think these are all the files on the staff."

Yeonjun crawled over, pushing Soobin aside. "Wait, lemme see if I can find our manager. I have to know if she actually has natural highlights, or if she's just a lying-"

The door of the office creaked open. They froze, staring up in shock.

"Oh!" A girl quickly retracted her head from the doorway. "Um, why don't we go clean up in the bathroom first?"

The sound of footsteps and dragging feet faded away. Yeonjun scrambled to the door, peeping into the hallway.

"No fucking way," he whispered.

Soobin appeared beside him. "Did she just...?"

They watched the girl, one of their stylists, guide the drunk CEO towards the bathroom, allowing them time to escape.

"Come on." Yeonjun hastily moved around the office, tidying up any traces of their presence. He shoved the drawer back into place with much effort and annoyance.

Soobin bit his lip, grinning. "Holy crap. We almost got caught."

He held Yeonjun's arm as they speed-walked down the hallway, giggling to themselves each time an employee glanced over. Their long strides became a swift jog, which turned into a full-out sprint once they reached the lobby. Adrenaline coursed through Yeonjun's veins as they burst out of the HYBE building, unable to contain themselves any longer.