Taehyun lightly hit Beomgyu's shoulder. "Nice job, airhead."

Beomgyu cocked his head up at him, innocently puckering his lips to request a kiss. Heeseung watched in shock as Taehyun bent down to give the boy a quick peck.

"I- I feel like I'm missing part of the story," he stuttered, dumbfounded. "Wait, uh, the taser. Go back to the taser."

"Beomgyu hyung bumped into a security guard, and it fell into his pocket," Kai bluffed. "We didn't even realize till we got home."

Heeseung rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure it did. Where's it now?"

Jay stared at the kitchen counter. "It's somewhere... secure."

Heeseung followed his gaze.

He let out an exasperated sigh. "Why?"

The taser had been sealed inside a Ziploc bag and stuffed into the vase with his orchid.

"We'll know right away if it goes missing," Jay answered cheerfully. "Also, Daniel put it in as a joke, and now it's stuck."

"Sorry, hyung," Daniel chirped apologetically. "Your flower's fine, though."

Heeseung glared at Beomgyu. "You let a fifteen-year-old touch a taser?"

He removed himself from the conversation before any more of Beomgyu's blood mysteriously ended up on the couch.

"Sunghoon," he called. "Can we go for a walk?"

***

They sat side-by-side under a shady tree by the Han river, just a short distance from the dorm. It was a quiet morning, and not many people were outside, letting them talk freely. Sunghoon absentmindedly picked at his nails, staring at the water as Heeseung shifted uncomfortably, fully aware his following words would make him sound like an asshole.

"What did I do?" He asked timidly, reaching out to stop Sunghoon from damaging his nails.

Sunghoon looked at him blankly, pulling his hand away. "Seriously?"

Heeseung hugged his legs, resting his chin on his knees. "I... can't remember. Sorry."

Sunghoon sighed.

"I get that it's hard to be the leader. I know you have a lot of responsibilities, and I know it's stressful."

He took a breath.

"I tried to be supportive; I really did."

His eyes narrowed as his tone turned accusatory. "But why do you keep pushing me away? Brushing me off like I'm some delusional fan, I'm your boyfriend, Heeseung, goddammit! Do you have any idea how much that hurts?"

He stared past the older boy, desperately trying to hold back tears.

"Every time I'm with you for more than five seconds, something happens, and you forget about me. Is that all I am to you? A second thought?"

Sunghoon's voice cracked.

"Don't I deserve a little more than that?"

He turned away, unable to stop himself from breaking down.

Heeseung sat back, reflecting on their interactions over the past week. He realized he was an idiot.

The wind blew softly, rustling the leaves above them as Heeseung pressed his cheek against Sunghoon's back, just above his shoulder blade. "I'm sorry, Hoon."

He wrapped his arms around the crying boy, gently rocking them back and forth. "I'm so sorry."

Birds chirped peacefully from the trees, singing melodies into the blue sky. Heeseung kept hugging Sunghoon, glancing around to make sure nobody could see them. A minute passed before Sunghoon's ragged breathing steadied enough for him to continue.