"I fuckin stomped you? You're dying and I feel like dying... you're actually dying. Pretty beau," I watch it die.

Look on the bright side.

I scoff at my own thoughts and cup the butterfly in my hands to suffocate it and put it out of its misery. I stay locked up until the fluttering stops.

"I wish there was a bright side," I say, almost apologetically.

I curl up and wish the tiny butterfly soul the best in its next life.

"I wish there were bright sides," I mutter.

"There is," I hear.

Wind gusts around my body. I jump up and look around me.

"What in the whole wide world!" I question, scared as a bitch.

There's nothing.

What the fuck? This hooch then waiters was passin out got me buggin out.

The sun gets real bright and starts beating down on me... I noticed my hands aren't cupped anymore.

"Oh no. Butterfly; we gotta bury you g," I look around for it.

I spot it and try to pick it up; when I do it takes flight.

"What... the fuck?"

A rainbow in the sky catches my attention.

Dayummm. Out of nowhere. It didn't even rain? It's not even humid today.

"Wow..." I say.

I'm mesmerized.

Wait...?

"Weren't you just dead as a door knob lil g?" I say to the fluttering butterfly with my hand held out.

It lands on my finger. I smile a genuine smile and feel a little fullness in my heart for the first time in a long time.

"You're welcome," I hear again.

I get so scared, I almost jump outa my skin; The butterfly takes flight again, but hovers in the air. I stumble while looking around, then fall over.

"What the fuck was in that booz yo? I'm off a bean or sumn? Butterflies talk? Oh shit, they finna lock my loony ass up."

"It's not Butterfly, it's me," I hear.

I look around.

I'm bugging.

I stand up. My boots sink in the mud.

What?

"You're ungrateful. You could be a dead Butterfly. There's more to be grateful for," I hear in the same voice.

I go up to the vibrant bush by the muck. There's random pendants and precious jewels hidden in the wild grass. They grab my attention.

"Those are mine," I hear seconds before I'm about to grab one.

I pull my hand back and step pass the jewels.