Chapter 12 - Promise

The next day, it was a fine weather that Aster decided to look for more spirits. This time, she wondered around the same forest she first went to. Little My hopped along, after insisting she was bored and had nothing to do. It doesn't hurt to have a company. When it comes to this little gremlin, it will never be a quiet expenditure with her.

Meanwhile, their other friends were preoccupied: Moomin and Snufkin decided to go do their own thing. Snorkmaiden was meeting Mymble, which she hasn't met yet and Sniff decided to stay indoors today. He felt lazy so he decided to sleep in more.

'' Why is everyone so busy todaayy..'' Little My whined. She was being carried by Aster on her back, enjoying the free ride as they stroll along the forest. Aster just laughed at her. This little girl sure can't stay put.

''Say, Aster.''

She honked.

'' Why don't you try flying here,'' she whispered to her ear, ''it's just us here anyways.''

Aster widen her eyes and stopped on her track. She gave it a second thought.

''Well, I have my own plan, but..''

'' Your plan? Spit it out!''

'' Snork's plane.. I wanted to get on it and jump from it,'' she paused then continued, ''then I'll glide and fly across the sky!'' She then sprint around, imitating as a plane and Little My was her passenger.

Little My widen her eyes and shouted, '' That's crazy! I like it!''

'' Isn't it?'' Aster went along with her, '' we're daredevils!''

Little My laughed harder, holding her tight, '' I really like you, Aster!''

She giggled, feeling thankful that she gets along with Little My very well.

⊱ ───────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ───────── ⊰

As they proceed to walk further to the eastern side of the forest, that's when Aster heard the wind chime. She hold Little My more tightly then ran quickly to catch up with it. Little My directed her along the way, warning her of any obstacles that's heading on their direction.

Luckily for them, they reached the place safely. Soon enough, they were faced with a cave that was hidden beneath many overgrown trees. It looked abandoned. Aster took a peek inside. It was too dark but the blue orb that floated around served as a lamp.

''I don't know about this Little My..'' she whispered quietly. She didn't want the day turning south because of this.

'' We'll be fine! ''

As always, Little My was very much unbothered.

She's really brave, Aster thought, turning around to look at her before going in.

The cave was not that big as they saw outside. When they entered, the walls were getting narrower. Aster's footsteps echoed against the walls as she stepped in. She felt chills around her body as the walls kept getting smaller. This was definitely not comfortable.

However, they both reached a dead end. There was a crack that could be seen in between the walls but Aster couldn't fit in.

Little My was silent, somehow agreeing with what Aster was thinking. Aster took her silence very well. She tried to take a peak, looking in-between the crack and was surprised.

Beyond it, there stood a high cliff that took a form of a waterfall, except there wasn't any river nearby that connects to the cave. She wondered if it used to be active. She knelt down and swiped her finger on the ground. It was dried out.