Another Wedding

Am I happy with this chapter? No. Am I happy that I at least uploaded it finally? Yes.

Namjoon loved his brothers dearly, and the last thing that he wanted was to lose them. Now that their parents were finally gone, they were finally free to be happy again. Namjoon wanted to enjoy that for as long as he could.

He knew that his brothers would be very displeased with him for his decision to publicly marry you. If it had been any of them, Namjoon knew that he himself would be quite upset.

It had to be done however. The court would never stop bothering him if he didn't marry, and he refused to marry anyone other than you. He thought he was being quite generous by offering for the others to marry you in private, at least.

He was intending on proposing to you tomorrow in front of his court during an afternoon tea, whether his brothers would be there or not. Of course, he was hoping that they would - but he wouldn't force them.

Namjoon was King now, and that meant that he had to maintain a certain image. If he couldn't even keep his brothers in line, then how could he ever rule over an entire kingdom? He knew that Yoongi would be able to understand when he finally calmed down. Maybe when Yoongi agreed with his choice, then his other brothers would begin to understand too.

A knock at his bedroom door pulled Namjoon from his thoughts. He stared at the door for a moment, wondering if it was one of his brothers or simply another person with a task for him to complete.

"Come in." He called, standing from the soft chair that he had been lounging in. The door creaked open slowly, and to his surprise it was...you.

"Is everything alright?" Namjoon asked hesitantly. You had never made a move to come to him. It was always the other way around. You looked a little nervous, obviously still a little untrusting around him. His eyes flickered down to your gloved hand automatically, and he felt a slight pang of guilt in his chest.

"Yes, your highness." You replied, your voice soft. "May I come in?"

Namjoon nodded eagerly, fiddling with his fingers as you slowly moved into the room. You had closed the door behind you, which indicated that whatever you were about to discuss...or do, you wanted to be alone to do it.

"Please, sit." Namjoon said, gesturing to the chair across from him. You were looking around the room with wide eyes, your back stiff with discomfort. You seemed to hesitate at his request, but after a moment you obeyed.

When you were finally seated, Namjoon sat once again. "You've never visited me in my own room. As a matter of fact, I don't think you've ever visited me in general." Namjoon said, raising his eyebrows. "Why now?"

"Well..." You began quietly, meeting his dark eyes. "I've heard from one of your brothers...about your plans to propose to me."

Namjoon sighed and leaned back in his chair. The last thing he needed was for you to fight him on this too. If you chose one of the others over him...well, it most certainly wouldn't make things any easier for him.

"Y/N, please...I cannot have another person fighting against me." He groaned, crossing his muscled arms. "If you're here to say that you want to marry another brother, then just know-"

You cut him off quickly. "N-no. I came here to tell you...well, that it was a good idea." You mumbled, quickly catching him off guard. "And I told Jungkook this too. I think that they might need a little more time to come around, but can you blame them?"

Namjoon's irritation faded as you continued to speak with your soft voice. You agreed with him. You wanted to marry him first. You...wanted him? His eyes flickered down to your hand again, but this time the guilt wasn't nearly as strong...Maybe cutting your finger off truly was a help.