9

[...]

"I know I have to finish it, can you lay off my back for a second?", Jisung's voice was hardly one to be raised, but as the youngest member of the trio threw his headphones to the sofa and pulled the chair back to the center of the studio, Chan and Changbin simply stared at each other, surprised by the outburst.

"You had an extra week, but the manager is getting mad-"

"I know.", Jisung slapped his own forehead, and Chan gulped, knowing he was at his limit but not able to do anything. "I know.", he repeated lower. "I still can't do it."

Chan sighed, massaging his temples and turning to the other guy.

"Don't even look at me. I'm completely stuck and won't be able to do shit for at least two weeks before the block even thinks of lifting. I'm off, I need to go drink coffee or sleep."

And with that, Changbin was gone, just like Jisung's mind had been for the last week.
He had barely eaten, specially if Minho was around at the dorm, which was something that didn't happen a lot as well. He either slept for 12 hours in a day or didn't even manage to sleep at all, and he spent his days closed in the studio, pretending to try and work, but Chan wasn't dumb, he could see the red eyes and the tired voice from crying.

The leader closed the door behind him, sighing loudly and sitting on the couch, deciding to not comment on the pile of sweatshirts there, nor the amount of coffee cups on the table.

"Why can't you write?"

"I don't know, Chan Hyung, if I knew I could have already fixed it.", he was harsh in every word, every syllable, but the older knew it was not directed to him. So he carefully turned the younger's chair around, not surprised by the fresh tears going down his tired face.

He gently cleaned them, cupping Jisung's hand on his lap.

"Why don't you just give up on this song, if it's not working, why try again so many times? There's so many things you can write about." The younger simply shook his head. "What are you even writing about?"

Jisung reached out for his notebook, throwing it away and biting his lip.

"Not yet. Please."

Chan hated that situation.

He hated coming to the company and watching Jisung in this situation everyday, hated going back late at night and find Minho overworking himself in the dance studio, hated seeing both their empty eyes and fakes smiles when they were with the others.

"Is there anything I can do for you? I understand if you don't want to talk to me, but if there's anyone you'd like to have by your side right now, I can-"

"I-is Lix free?"

Chan smiled a bit.

"I'll get him for you. Drink this.", the older got up, ruffling Jisung's messy hair and throwing a water bottle at him, not saying anything else as he left the studio.

He took a second outside to breathe, smiling at the people that passed by, wondering if there was truly anything he could do to save them.

His kids, his friends, his family.

He knocked on the dance studio two floors down and went in, sitting next to the mirror, hoping the song they were doing wouldn't take long as Felix seemed to be super concentrated with the younger ones.