Chapter 8: Arriving in the Not-So Slumbering Weald

Start from the beginning

'Is this a good thing?' Greninja asked, seeming curious of his trainers words.

"I don't know." Yuki replys, then looks at Zamazenta. "Is it?"

'I have no idea, in all honesty.' Zamazenta seemed a little down. 'All I know is I'm not the same Zamazenta you will be summoning. If I was, I would be, as you put it: more like a ghost.'

It might just be me, but this whole conversation has me lost, but Yuki seems to get it all. After the Legendary spoke, she instantly went for a comforting hug. Then she whispered into his ear and whatever she said, it seemed to do the trick.

'Anyway, here's the other item you are here for.' The dog-like shield Pokémon ran into the forest for a moment and within seconds, came back with the Rusted Sword! Placing it in front of me, the legendary backed up. 'I know you're heading to The Crown Tundra next. I wouldn't recommend heading there on foot. A train ride would get you there faster.'

Before either of us could thank him, Zamazenta was out of sight.

"Ok, I have no idea what the heck just happened." I finally spoke up after a minute of silence.

"Don't worry about it. We got what we came here for, at least!" Yuki put her backpack on the ground and gently placed the Rusted Sword and Shining Shield within it. After zipping it back up and putting it back on her back, she grabbed my hand. "Come on, let's catch a train in Wedgehurst!"

_____

(No One's POV)

"Come on, let's catch a train in Wedgehurst!" Yuki told Ash excitedly as she began to run towards Postwick. It took a few seconds for his legs to start moving at the same pace, but within a minute, they and their Pokémon were gone.

From behind a set of trees, a boy with his face covered by a hood stood beside Hoopa. 'Hoopa feels bad for Zamazenta. Zamazenta can't see his twin brother, because Eteratus ate Goh-tan.'

"Yeah, I know how you feel. Hopefully this time, I can make a difference." The boy looked at his hands, which were slowly fading from existence.

Hoopa looked at the boy, clearly sad for him. 'Hoopa knows Forgot-tan will accomplish Forgot-tan's goal this time! Hoopa will make sure of it, even when Forgot-tan is gone!'

"Thanks, Hoopa. Means a lot." The boy, with his semi-faded hand, takes off his hood as he looks off towards the south. He looks exactly like Ash! "I still have one more goal to accomplish before I also fade into nothing. Take me to The Crown Tundra, Hoopa."

Hoopa opens a portal leading to Dyna Tree Hill in The Crown Tundra. As the boy walks though, he whispers something to himself: I'll make sure I save you in time, Yuki.

___________

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I wasn't expecting to write another chapter this month, but I did it seems.

I will admit, I know some of happens seems like non-sense (like Ash legit just being confused and me not really explaining much), but nothing really NEEDS to be said yet.

Also, I didn't forget about Forgot-tan from Book 3. He's finally becoming relevant! Who exactly is Forgot-tan, why does he look like Ash, and why does it seem like he knows trouble will befall Yuki? Most of those questions will actually be answered in this book!

Anyway, thank you for keeping up with me and my extremely long series that doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. This IS the last chapter of 2021, so I would like to take this moment to wish everyone a Happy New Year! :)

...Yes, I did just make up an item called the Shining Shield, which is meant for another Zamazenta. What could that be implying...? I wonder... c;

EXTRA: I'll admit it, this chapter wasn't the most well written thing I've created. I'll probably come back and re-write it at some point. I don't know when that will be, though. (I'm not 100% satisficed with it myself.)