Part 2

This is still Bella in charge

Bella pov

I sit at the Gryffindor table happy that breakfast still had my favourite sugary sweet. I was talking with Viktor about different tactics for quidditch. He was helpful when it came to learning to trick others.

"Bella we have class soon," Ebony informs.

"Okay, talk later," I wave goodbye to Viktor. I walk towards George and move closer so I could whisper, "Broom cupboard?"

"You already know," George responds, smirk evident on his face.

"Bella!" Ebony snaps.

"Gotta run, the boss might murder me if I'm late," I joke. George chuckles before shooing me away so that I would go to class.

Ebony drags me the rest of the way to class, we end up right on time, "Alastor Moody," Mad-Eye introduces, writing his name on the board.

"Ministry malcontent. And your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" he asks.

"Three sir," Hermione answer, she seemed scared of them. It was understandable, but I knew what my godfather had done.

"And they are so named?" Mad-Eye quizzes the class.

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will..." Hermione trails off.

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!" Mad-Eye snaps without looking towards us.

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head," Seamus sighs. Mad-Eye throws some chalk at him out of anger, scaring Seamus in the process.

"So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley! Stand!" Mad-Eye orders.

"Yes?" Ron stands up not looking Mad-Eye in the eye.

"Give us a curse," Mad-Eye continues to order Ron around.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one... The Imperius curse," Ron answers.

"Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why," Mad-Eye thinks before grabbing a spider out of a jar, "Hello. What a little beauty."

He cast the Imperius curse then moved the spider to sit on Neville and Dean's desk before moving it again, this time on Goyle's head, "Don't worry. Completely harmless," Mad-Eye reassures.

The spider was then moved onto mine and Ebony's desk, I started to pat the spider as Ebony tried to get away from it. The spider then was moved to float on top of Ron's head, "But if she bites... she's lethal!"

I could hear Draco laughing from behind me, "What are you laughing at?" he asks Draco. The spider was then thrown towards my cousin and allowed to crawl on his face. Crabbe tries to swat it away, then Mad-Eye was done with Draco.

"Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?" Mad-Eye holds the spider over a bucket of water, the spider wiggles trying to escape, "Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did You-Know-Whose bidding under the influence of the Imperius curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another.. another.. Come on come on," I raise my hand knowing the other two, "Bella Lestrange is it? Up," Mad-Eye orders me to stand.