Chapter 6: Reconnecting

Começar do início

Then she hugged Silco, I remembered her saying something about this in her letters. Silco adopted her, yeah, that would explain some of the interactions I've seen so far. I waited a few moments for Silco to leave the room. He did, definitely not as angry as he was before. Once he was back in his office I began working on a new gadget.

Jinx: What are you working on?

Y/n: Sorry, but I can't tell you that it's kind of a surprise.

Hours Later...

I finished creating my device. It's a weapon that'll cause such a display that all of Piltover will fall to their knees when it's put into use.

Jinx: So, is it done yet?

Y/n: Yes.

Jinx: ... can I see it?

Y/n: No.

She sat on my desk causing a few of my blueprints to fall off the table. I gave a sigh before turning my attention toward Jinx.

Y/n: Yes?

Jinx: So, tinkering... what got you into that?

Y/n: An old friend of mine. That's all I'm going to say on the topic for now.

She groaned as she got up and walked away from my station. I couldn't help but glance back at her with a smile. But just to make things clear I am not in love with Jinx. Maybe once, but neither of us are the people we once knew. Too much time has been spent in hate based on false pretenses, at least on my part.

I picked up the blueprints she knocked over before standing up and slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

Shadow: We don't need these small firecrackers. We have all the firepower we need in ourselves.

Y/n: Consider them a build-up to the grand finale. It'll be something Piltover and Zaun won't want to miss. Soon, everything will be set ablaze.

On my way out I saw an explosion on Jinx's side of the room. I ran over to see her in tears, I recognized her mannerisms. Trauma episodes are something I'm used to, I had a lot of them about the deaths of my closest friends during my time in the asylum.

Jinx: No, no. It was a mistake. It was a mistake.

I removed my mask and hood falling to my knees in front of her and embracing her into me.

Y/n: Shh, it's okay. It's not your fault. Whatever you're blaming yourself for isn't your fault.

It didn't take long for her to grab my jacket and pull the fabric toward herself.

Jinx: Don't leave me, please, don't leave me again Y/n.

I pulled myself off a little before realizing she wasn't completely aware of things right now. Yet, after all these years it seems that she now considers me her safety zone.

Y/n: Of course not. I'll never leave you again.

Jinx: Y/n... do you hate me?

Y/n: Of course not, Jinx.

Jinx: I hurt everyone around me. Maybe... maybe Mylo was right about...

I pulled her closer suddenly causing her eyes to shoot open. I couldn't listen to her blaming herself for this.

Jinx: ... me?

Y/n: Mylo was wrong about you, Powder! You did what you thought was best at the moment! No one, you hear me, no one can blame you for that.

Jinx pushed herself off of me, tears streaming down her face. I reached for my mask but couldn't find it. Until spotting it and lunging for it without thinking about why I hadn't seen it before. I looked down seeing Jinx's face looking up at mine. Our eyes now meeting for the first time in seven years without any personal barriers to hide behind. Tears fell onto her already-soaked cheeks. Her surprise turned to embarrassment.