CHAPTER EIGHT ⎯ FAMILY REUNION.

Start from the beginning

"No more bullshit. We're Team Zero. We're all Team Zero." Diego said with a dazed smile. "Uh, Diego. You don't have the conch." Luther added on sassily. Diego winked before grabbing the shell from Allison. He after threw it out the window like it was nothing. I crouched down lightly in fear. 

"Classic." Allison said with a sigh. 

Out of a sudden, the door burst open to reveal Dad. He was in a suit like usual and was wearing a monocle. "Not only have you burglarized my lab, set my chimp loose, conned your way into the Mexican consulate, repeatedly stalked and attacked me, but you have, on numerous occasions, called me. . ." Dad said, but quieted down at the end. 

"Hey, Pop. How's it hangin'?" Klaus said while sitting down with a glass of wine. Dad sighed. "My reconnaissance tells me you're not CIA, not KGB, certainly not MI5, so. . . Who are you?" Dad asked, also ignoring Klaus. "We're your children." Five said. I also noticed how he sat at the edge of his seat. He must be excited or nervous. 

"We're from the future." I said, making Dad eye me weirdly. "In 1989, you adopted us all and trained us to fight against the end of the world. Called us the Umbrella Academy." Five explained. "Why on earth would I adopt six—" "Seven." Allison cut in as Dad spoke. "One of us isn't here." Allison said. "Dead. One of us is dead." Diego said coldly. 

"Yeah, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba." Klaus said out a sudden. We all looked at him angrily since this might ruin our meeting with Dad. 

"Regardless, what would possess me to adopt seven ill-mannered malcontents ?" Dad asked while mocking us. I was slowly getting angry. "We all have special abilities." Five said, keeping his anger low deep in him. He was also leaning very closely to the table, looking eager. 

"Special? In what sense?" Dad asked. "In the superpower sense." Luther said blandly. "Call me old-fashioned, but I'm a stickler for a pesky little thing called evidence." Dad said. "Show me."

"Everybody wants to see powers all of a sudden." Allison scoffed as she sipped her drink. "We're not circus animals, okay? We're not gonna bounce balls on our noses and clap our hands like seals for your amusement." Luther said, sounding a little angry. 

Diego, out a sudden, pulled out a knife from his pocket and threw it. It danced in the air before swiftly stabbing into the wall. Dad looked at Diego before writing something down in his book. Everyone (including me), leaned against the table to get a look of what he was writing. 

"You are zero for two, young man." Dad made fun of Diego, angering Diego himself. Allison let out a snort as she continued to drink. Diego got up angrily before running at Dad. Five immediately spacial jumped in front of Diego before he did anything reckless to Dad. "Stop!" Five whiskered angrily. 

"Now that is interesting." Dad said while eyeing Five. "All right, uh, quick rundown." I said, stepping in because no one else was. "I can stop/pause time. Luther: super strength. Klaus can commune with the dead." I explained. "Allison can rumor anyone to do anything." I ended. 

"Except she never uses it." Diego said with a smirk. "I heard a rumor you punched yourself in the face.

Diego groaned in pain as his hand flung up and punched Diego in the face. "And you?" Dad asked Vanya. Luther put his hand on Vanya's before she did anything. "Uh, maybe we don't take Vanya for a test run." Luther laughed nervously. "Oh, yeah, that's probably not a good idea." Klaus said.

"It's fine. I can handle it." Vanya said with an innocent smile. "Handle it? Last time you handled it, you definitely blew up the moon." Allison also laughed nervously. "No, Vanya, don't!" Luther yelled. We all started to scream protests at her to stop but we were too late. Vanya took a spoon and clanged it against a cup to handle the power that ringed after. But, she didn't exactly "handle" it.