𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Start from the beginning

MAGNUS: She also offered shelter to every Downworlder. 

BONNIE: Maia won't just leave her pack. 

LUKE: That shelter comes with a price. Loyalty to the Queen. Maia wouldn't go for that. And she wouldn't desert her pack.

MAGNUS: Maybe she found a lead on Valentine and is off hunting him down.

LUKE: Without telling me?

SIMON: Come on, Magnus, we're not making this up. She's got Maia.

MAGNUS: My warlocks are on the roof holding the wards up to keep Valentine in the city. I have to go help them, but the next time I see the Queen, I will inquire.

[Magnus pats Simon's shoulder and then takes the stairs to the roof.]

SIMON: Luke, if something happens to Maia because of me–

LUKE: I'm not going to let that happen.

[SEELIE COURT]

[Maia is sitting at a table. The Seelie knights are watching her. The Queen is sitting at the other end of the table. A nymph puts another dish on the already filled table.]

SEELIE QUEEN: Surely you must be starving. Please, eat.

MAIA: I'll pass on the lamb chops and get a ride back to Brooklyn, now.

SEELIE QUEEN: That's not very polite. 

DAVINA: Kidnapping her there was very polite. 

MAIA: Why am I even here?

SEELIE QUEEN: If you don't feel like eating, you don't have to. We can just chat. Tell me about the Daylighter.

MAIA: Simon?

SEELIE QUEEN: We don't have to play pretend. You know him well. He's quite fond of you. As you are of him.

MAIA: And how do you know that?

SEELIE QUEEN: My eyes and ears are everywhere. But there are certain things only a girlfriend would know.

MAIA: [rising up and approaching the Queen] The Downworld is on the brink of annihilation if Valentine gets to that lake. As much as I would love to talk to you about Simon, I really need to get back.

SEELIE QUEEN: I assure you, dear, you are perfectly safe here.

MAIA: I am not talking about me. I'm talking about my pack, my friends–

SEELIE QUEEN: Patience. 

TYELR: You should not talk to a wolf about patience. 

MAIA: Right. Patience isn't really my thing.

[Maia leaps over the shorter end of the table, but she doesn't come far. Vines have strapped around her ankles and are pulling her back.]

SEELIE QUEEN: Take her to the wander-woods.

[THE INSTITUTE, OPS CENTER]

[Alec and Rose pull up a holographic map of the city. Clary, Theo and Jonathan and Jace join him, Rose and Izzy.]

CLARY: Anything new? We tried tracking him together, like we did with for you, but for some reason, it didn't work.

JACE: Magnus' wards are up. Valentine must still be in the city.

ISABELLE: Thank the Angel for Magnus and the warlocks.

ALEC: Well, they didn't raise the wards for us.