Twenty-Four

•Kalanie•

                           •Kalanie•

"I love you." Amir kissed his daughters cheek. Joy smiled showing her teeth before giggling lowly. That made amir and kalanie laugh.

"I want another one." Kalanie poked her bottom lip out as she watched her daughter hug amir. "Me too. You want a lil brother?" She asked Joy.

"No." Joy shook her head making them laugh. "Imma give you another one." Amir licked his lips as he looked at Kalanie.

"No." She rolled her eyes. "What nigga you think finna give you another one?" He asked.

"Amir , you can't be serious." She shook her head. "I am." He explained. "Da , I hungry." Joy explained.

"We finna go get sum to eat. Get dressed." He told kalanie.

She stood up and headed to the closet.

•••••••

Kalanie smacked her lips as joy snatched her hand away from her. She ran to amir , and he picked her up.

"Amir , who's house is this?" She questioned. "My grandma house." He explained.

"It's a lot of people here." Kalanie glanced at the cars lined up as they walked to the door.

"They hanging out over here today for my dad birthday I guess." He shrugged. "Oh." She mumbled as he opened the front door.

"And you brought me for what?" I questioned. "So they could meet my baby. And you.....I guess." He shrugged.

They walked inside and heard old school music playing along with laughing and talking.

Kalanie followed behind amir who was now holding joys hand.

They headed to the kitchen where A few family members were. "Hey Pretty girl." Aron spotted Joy.

She smiled as he walked over. "Hi, pa." She hugged him. "Grandpa , missed you." He smiled.

"Miss too." She attempted to say  "I miss you too."

He chuckled as he stood up. "Say happy birthday to grandpa." Amir pointed.

"Happy burfday." She attempted to pronounce the words. "Thank you." He smiled as people approached them.

"Who is this?" A girl walked up and kissed amir on the cheek. Kalanie stared for a few seconds before she recognized the girl.

"This my daughter." He explained as he picked up joy. "Hi." The girl smiled. Joy hid her face as she laid her head on her daddy's chest.

"Oh my gosh. Kalanie? I haven't seen you in a minute." Dream smiled as she hugged Kalanie. Kalanie hesitantly hugged back.

"You don't remember me?" She asked. "Yeah...I remember you dream." She spoke.

"Who Are you here with?" Dream questioned. "Amir." She replied before looking at him.

"That's....your daughter?" She questioned. "Yeah. This our daughter." Amir answered for her.

"Oh." Her demeanor changed. "Well this is my boyfriend." She explained. "I'm sure you've met-" kalanie cut him off.

"You know I've met him. You were the one the one that forced me to call him back." Kalanie put on a fake smile.

Dream ignored her. "I know it ain't kalanie." Alaina appeared.

Kalanie looked over at her. "I see you still got that lil girl body. Ain't nothing changed." She picked with her.

Kalanie didn't wanna be disrespectful to Amirs mom so she just looked down instead of responding how she wanted to.

Dream snickered a little bit.

"Mama don't do that. Ion see nothing wrong with her body. You too old to be talking about folks anyways." He mugged.

"Amir don't you talk to me that way. Look at her. She has no meat on her bones. The girl that you choose to knock up had to be the ugliest female you've ever messed with." His mother scoffed.

"You ain't finna talk about her. She ain't did nothing to you. She ain't even ugly. What you talking about mama? She the best looking female I messed with. Mama don't start." He waved her off.

"Daddy , I hungry." Joy mumbled against his chest while sucking on her thumb.

"Hold on." He glanced down at her. His mother rolled her eyes before mumblings something under her breath.

"If you feel that way , then leave." She pointed. He smacked his lips. "Excuse me." He pushed past his mom and continued to the kitchen.

Kalanie stood there on her phone trying not to show that what Alaina said had bothered her.

"Hey kalanie." Aron hugged her. "Hey." She smiled. "How you been?" He questioned.

"Fine. What about you?" Kalanie quizzed. "Oh I been real good." He nodded his head. "happy birthday." She smiled.

"Thank you."

The rest of the night was horrible. Kalanie sat in the living room with Amirs cousin and his mama , and her sister.

They did nothing but quiz , and criticize kalanie.

"So how'd you meet My son?" His mother questioned. "I uh....I met him....at his friends house."she hesitantly replied.

"Jay?" The mom asked. Kalanie nodded. "So you a hoe? Is that why you were over there?" The aunt asked.

"N-no. My mom works for Jay...." She explained. "So you just let him have sex with you after that?" She questioned.

"No , i-" she cut herself off. "I don't mean to be disrespectful, but that's really not y'all's business." 

They looked around at each other. "Excuse me?"

"All the question y'all have asked me were about me and your son's sexual life. That's not your business. I think thats weird." She replied.