Twenty- Two

•Amir•

+5 months

Amir kissed his daughters forehead before looking back up at the Tv which was playing "daddy's little girls" by Tyler Perry. This is Kalanies favorite movie.

"Be nice." Joy told amir. She just learned that from her mom , and she said that to everything. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's ok." She smiled. "She so smart." Amir kissed her cheek.

"Ma." Joy called. "Hm?" Joy questioned as she scrolled on her phone.

"Mir." She called.

"Wassup?" He smiled at her. "I get ice cream?"

"No , joy." Her mom quickly answered. "aww , damn." She cursed. Amirs eyes widened and he tried his best not to laugh.

"Come here , joy. You getting a whopping." Kalanie flicked her softly. Joy screamed dramatically and began crying.

"Aww, you ain't had to hit her." Amir hugged her. "I sleepy , daddy." She hugged amir.

Amirs heart fluttered as he looked down at the little girl. He smiled hearing her call him daddy.

He kissed her forehead as she laid her head on his chest. He sat there smiling while the moment replayed in his head.

He grabbed his phone and recorded her.

"Joy." He called. She looked up at him. "What , Da?" She questioned. He shook his head with a smile. "I love you. You love me?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. I love you daddy."

"Aww." Kalanie smiled as Amir ended the video. "Finna make me cry girl." He kissed her cheek.

He never felt this type of love from anyone. When he was around her he felt like he was complete. He loved how close they had grown in only 5 months. He loved talking to her over the phone. He loved his she would beg him to stay when he was about to leave. He loved how she never wanted to e away from him. She wanted to be with Amir 25/8.

"Don't cry , da." She hugged him. "Mann.." amir looked up at the ceiling. "Amir , don't cry." Kalanie hugged him as well.

That did it for him. He allowed a tear to fall but he quickly wiped it. "I'm good." He spoke as kalanie pulled away.

"Don't tell nobody." He glanced at kalanie. "Amir why and who would I tell?" She questioned. "I'm just saying." He spoke.

"Daddy." She called. "Hm?" He asked. "my head hurt." She pointed. "You want some water?" He asked. She shook her head no.

"I go to sleep."

"Alright. Go to sleep." He laid down. She laid on his chest and closed her eyes.

"Night , ma. Night , da." She explained even though it was still day time.

•••••••

"Mommy , I hot." Khloe fanned herself as she woke up out of her sleep. Amir glanced over at her before pulling the blankets off of her.

Kalanie placed a hand on her head to see if she had a fever. She did. She was actually really warm. Soon she fell back asleep.

Kalanie sighed as she held her hand. "She got a fever." Kalanie glanced at amir. "Let's go to the hospital." He explained. She woke up again. "My head hurt , daddy." She whined.

"I know baby." Amir sat up. She began crying. Kalanie stood up knowing she probably needed to go to the hospital.

Amir held her as kalanie began getting dressed.

They slipped shoes and a jacket on the girl before heading outside.

•••••••

Amir sat next to Khloe's bed holding her hand as she slept. He kissed her hand before looking down.

"Stop crying." He looked over at Kalanie. "Amir I can't. What if she doesn't wake up?" She questioned.

"She will." He told himself more than her. Silence filled the room for almost an hour.

The silence was broken by a loud beeping coming from the machine. His heart dropped as doctors rushed in.

"Wake up." He shook her gently. "Sir , please step out for a second." The nurse spoke.

Amir did as he asked. He stood outside with Kalanie. Kalanie was crying so amir hugged her.

He leaned against the wall while she cried into his chest. Amir didn't wanna cry yet , but just the thought of her being dead made him cry.

He stared ahead as tears fell down his face.

They stood in the hallway for a little bit longer before a doctor stepped out.

"Alright, so we were able to stabilize her heart rate. So, I believe it's best if we go ahead and look into having that procedure done. She might die if she doesn't. Yes, she could die during the treatment, but the chances are quite slim. And it's better to try to get it removed now rather than having things like this happen on a regular day to day basis. But I entirely understand if you folks still don't want to get the procedure." He said.

"So what do you guys think?" He looked in between them. Amir nodded. "Yeah. We want the surgery." He answered.

"Great. I'm gonna go get a doctor to talk to you guys a little bit more about the surgery, and setting up a date, and finding the right doctor, and prices." He explained.