"Do you still have the card from the police officers? We need to tell then he's been following you. Clearly they haven't caught him as fast as they had hoped." I say, trying to distract her from Colton's actions. 

She nods, pulling the card out of the pocket of her hoodie and I stand to grab it. 

"Do you want me to call?" I ask.

Andy again nods before staring off, shutting herself in.

I let out a small sigh as I make my way to the master bedroom as well to grab my phone. As I arrive Colton hangs up his phone, pinching the bridge of his nose. "They're combing through the front gate footage from the house seeing if they can catch the car coming by. They said they haven't seen the car on any of their drive by's."

I simply nod, grabbing my phone, dialing the number to officer Hughs. He picks up on the second ring, shocking me a bit.

"Officer Hughs." He speaks shortly.

I swallow. "Hello Officer Hughs. My name is Faye and I was in the room when you interviewed Andy. She has been staying at my boyfriend's place since he lives with me and hasn't sold it yet. She just showed up at my house panicked, Michael has been following her." I say, taking a deep breath as Colton rubs my back.

"Oh Jesus Christ." Officer Hughs lets out, and I can hear papers shuffling in the background. "I thought he would be in custody by now. They have an arrest warrant out for him, and last I checked they had a lead on where he was." I hear him say something to someone else before he speaks again. 

"Can you tell me your address? Officer Grant and I need to come take her statement." 

I recite my address before bidding him goodbye.

"They don't understand why the bastard isn't in custody." I say exasperated.

Colton nods, biting his tongue, looking as if he's deciding what to say next.

"I had some digging done on him, he has a lot of resources. I'm not shocked, money talks."

My stomach rolls at the thought of Michael somehow getting away with this. 

Colton looks at me sympathetically before taking my hand and leading me back to the living room. 

When we round the corner, the site in front of us stops us both in our tracks. Roman is sat on the coffee table in front of Andy, holding her hands while they sit calmly talking to each other. 

The site doesn't really shock me. Roman has always had a calming aura around him, and a way with people. 

I clear my throat, hating the fact that I'm interrupting them but knowing I need to let them know that the police are on the way. 

Andy tries to pull away her hands at the site of us but Roman keeps them in his hands, looking up at us expectantly. 

"The officers from the hospital are on their way Andy." 

She simply nods, finally pulling her hands away from Roman and tucking her knees under her chin. I can practically see her pulling in on herself, and long gone is the badass resident I met a year ago. 

"Are you hungry Andy?" Roman asks quietly, standing from his spot at the coffee table.

She flinches when he towers over her, and he quickly backs away with a pained look on his face. When he seems to be an acceptable distance away she shakes her head no. I can't imagine I would be hungry either. 

Roman stands, stating he's going to order pizza for everyone before making his way to the guest room. Andy's eyes follow him all the way there and I can't help but sense she trauma bonded with him. 

We all sit in silence for a while, and Roman doesn't bother to make conversation when he returns from ordering the pizza. 

We all jolt at the sound of the doorbell, Andy harder than the rest of us. I rise to get the door before Roman signals me back down, heading toward the entryway. 

He soon returns with the two officers who wear the same grim look on their faces that they had at the hospital. 

"Dr. Petersen." Officer Hughs nods.

"Please just call me Andy." She mumbles, and I'm almost shocked he could hear her, but he acknowledges her.

"Alright Andy, only if you call me Alden and Officer Grant Jared." Officer Hughs says with a small smile.

Andy nods before beginning to answer their questions, walking them through everything that she had told us. They look impressed that she was able to get the plate number off the car and I can't help but hope they'll be able to find him faster. They leave with promises to check the security cameras of the grocery store to ensure she really did see Michael. Colton promises then he'll send over anything he gets off of his cameras, and then they're gone as soon as they arrived. 

We sit silently again, interrupted by the arrival of the pizza. Thankfully the smell doesn't set me off and I'm actually able to eat. Andy does end up eating one slice of pizza and Roman looks thrilled with himself. 

Andy finally breaks the silence of eating. "I can't go back there." She says, her voice breaking as the tears start to fall again. "He knows I was there, he's been tracking me."

Colton nods in agreement and I deliberate the sleeping arrangements of my house. Before I can make plans, Roman speaks.

"I'll take the couch and you can sleep in the guest room, Andy. I just got here so the sheets are still clean."

Andy goes to protest but Roman interrupts her. "Trust me, Faye's couch is super comfortable and its definitely better than the cots I was sleeping on in the Savanna." Roman finishes, with a bit of humor in his voice. 

Andy still looks unsure but nods in agreement. 

At this I rise, heading toward my room to grab some sweats and a sweatshirt for Andy to sleep in, thankful my pre baby body is her size. I also thank god that I had some brand new underwear and sports bras I could give her to wear as well. 

Andy cries again as I hand her the clothes and I simply rub her back as she tries to pull herself together.

"I don't know how I'll ever thank you." She says softly, and I shrug. 

"I know you would do the same for me Andy."

She nods in agreement.

"I'll have someone grab your things from the house, if thats okay Andy?" Colton questions.

She nods, and heads to the guest room to get ready for bed. I glance at my watch, shocked that it was already 10pm. 

Colton and I head to bed after setting up Roman on the couch, and it must have definitely been more comfortable  than the cots he was sleeping on because he's asleep before I'm even finished cleaning the dishes from dinner. 

When I finally lay in bed my entire body feels heavy. I groan as Colton pulls me into him. 

"I have people coming tomorrow to install a security system and cameras on the outside of your house, as well as motion sensor floodlights." Colton says, shocking me out of words.

"Uh, okay?" I say, looking up at him, and he sighs.

"I don't want to chance that he followed her here, Faye. I know she did her best to prevent it but who knows. He's got money and he's unpredictable. I want to be prepared." 

I nod in agreement, placing a kiss on his chest before settling again. I fall asleep praying they would catch him soon. It was heartbreaking to see Andy as the shell of the person I met. I would do whatever was needed to make her feel safe again.