Chapter 26 {unedited}

"I hate you, Luna! I will kill you!" Lavana screamed in my ear the next morning. I moaned and opened my eyes. I looked at the clock. Three in the morning.

"What's it about this time?" I moaned, half asleep.

"You took my true love, James! He's mine! So you get your nasty paws off him!" She said loudly. I rolled over to look at her. Lavana's hair was a mess and her mascara streaked her cheeks.

"Sorry, he made the first move. Not me. So go back to bed," I said while pulling the blanket over my face. She pulled the blanket back down and yanked my arm. She dragged me, but I couldn't stand up.

"You are gonna pay!" Lavana said through gritted teeth. We were in the common room, it was completely empty. She waited long enough for me to get up, but then slammed my head against the wall. Her hand hugged my throat tightly, making it hard to breath.

"Why does it matter?" I huffed out. "It's just a person." She slammed my head against the wall again. I cried out in pain. A couple people began filing into the room, but that didn't stop Lavana.

"You will die! I don't care if I have to wait all my life, you will die!" She yelled at my face. Then she took her nails and began to scratch my scarred cheek. I screamed for someone to help me, but nobody knew what to do.

Suddenly a hand grabbed Lavana and threw her back. I fell to the floor, rubbing my neck.

"James! I didn't know you were here!" Lavana exclaimed.

"What is wrong with you?" James asked, anger showing in his voice.

"Oh! There's nothing wrong with me, darling! It's Luna! She was bragging about how you were all hers and I-"

"That's enough!" James interrupted her. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. Lavana huffed and stomped up the stairs to the dormitory.

"Something's not right about her..." I trailed off.

"Why would you say that? Because she attacked you over some teenage girl drama?" James laughed.

"Yes..." I whispered. "That's exactly it! Lavana wouldn't have anything against me unless I did something terrible. She doesn't even like you!" I exclaimed.

"Hold up! Everyone loves me," James said. I punched him in the arm.

"She isn't in love with you. She just needs a reason to kill me."