Chapter 22- Irresistible [E]

Start from the beginning

"You can e-mail me and I'll save your information, I don't want to take up more of your time. Looks like you had an important phone call just now. And I need to go too before my phone starts firing off with worry." Offering his phone back to him. Julien pulled her wrist and enfolded his palm over hers while she still held his phone.

They have been gone for a few hours, and Annie thought it odd nobody has called to check in with her yet. Although relieved nobody interrupted their time together, a frown marred her brows  as negative thoughts started swirling in her head.

Julien looked like he wanted to argue but noticed her eyes cloud with worry. "What is it, Duchess?" Kissing her wrist.

"Since I passed out last week, my family hasn't left me alone, and today my phone hasn't rang once." Julien's eyes narrowed in confusion but waited patiently as she continued. "Now I'm worried something might have happened."

Julien realized why immediately and hugged her to him, hiding his smile.

"I'm sure all is well, don't worry." Trying to distract her. "I recently learned your brother is getting married soon. I'm sure they are all overwhelmed with the planning."

Over a week ago, Cici came into the office and informed, Julien, Victor and Duncan of the surprise Birthday party she was throwing for Annie, on the eighteenth, which was now a week away. They also received an invitation from Charlotte who spoke to his mother and informed her of the surprise.

According to Kate, Cici and Charlotte have been planning the surprise for some time and the unexpected turn of events with Sonny and Sheila's short notice wedding plans suddenly wedged their plans.  They were forced to divid the responsibilities for the birthday, which Cici took over while Charlotte and Sheila started planning the wedding.

Their main concern was how they were going to keep it a secret from her. She was highly tuned into her surroundings and immediately noticed something was off and they just slipped up today by not calling. 

Julien kissed her forehead softly. Stepping back he studied her profile and wondered what to get her.

It would have to be something unique and rare. Some piece of jewelry that she could wear that would always remind her of him.

"Thank you for lunch, it was delicious. Quite unexpected, but nice." She said while smiling.

"It was my pleasure, trust me." Winking at her. "Drive safely." He told her as he walked to her car and opened the door. "See you soon, Duchess.."

Annie nodded giving him a sweet smile.

Julien watched her leave. He got into his car and started his destination to Cartier.
***********

A blond, tall woman quickly stood upon seeing him enter. Her bright red lipstick stood out against her tan as her lips formed a seductive smile. Julien nodded in her direction, never giving into her flirtatious smile. At one time he would have given her his time but not now.

He had eyes for one female now.

The blond smoothed out her gray pencil skirt and came toward him. "Hello! My name is Christina. How can I help you today? Are you looking for something in particular?" She asked, extending her arm.

Julien shook her hand. "I'm Julien St. James." He searched the glass cases while informing her of what he had in mind. Christina's eyes nearly bulged from their sockets at his demands. She gulped heavily and nodded, grabbing a notepad jotting down notes.

"This needs to be commissioned straight away. I expect to have this completed by next week, Tuesday. The cost is of no consequence. Just make sure It. Will. Be. Done." Fixating his hard gaze at her.