Chapter 38

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Boat's POV

I was determined to bring Gun back to Bangkok with me, where he rightfully belonged. He had no more business being here in Sulawesi Island. He does not need to earn a living here in this island. I have sufficient funds to support him in Bangkok.

Gun turned around when he heard me call his name.

Before I could approach him, Berkah moved forward and blocked my path.

"Get out of my way," I ordered Berkah.

"Make me," Berkah challenged me.

We sized each other up. We matched each other physically, muscle for muscle. We were the same height.

"Stop! Both of you!" Gun yelled angrily. "Berkah, if you start making trouble, I will go back to the villa resort with Mark," Gun threatened.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Mark started chanting, egging on Berkah to get into a fight with me.

"Come back home with me, Gun," I pleaded with him.

"I can't," Gun said, his voice starting to quiver. "It would be too painful for me... knowing that ... knowing that you ..."

"Gun, I care about you," I said. "A lot," I added, for good measure.

"No, you don't!" Gun said, his lower lip trembling a little. "Don't lie to me! You only want me to go back to Bangkok with you. You never cared about me. I will only feel miserable there"

"Come home with me to Bangkok and I will show you how much I care about you," I said. "I want to take care of you there."

"I don't need you or anyone to take care of me!" Gun said. "I'm old enough to take care of myself."

"You don't need to do this kind of job to earn a living," I tried to persuade him to my point of view. "You are not cut out for a menial task like tending to a grocery store or being a general staff in a villa resort. You are not putting your brain to work with the kind of tasks that you are assigned. You could be an office manager in my business."

"I don't even know what kind of business you run," Gun said.

"I run an auto shop," I replied. "I can teach you to manage the ledgers on my office computer. I can buy you your own computer."

I could tell by Gun's expression that he was starting to get interested in my offer.

Suddenly Mark stepped forward. Shit, I had forgotten all about Mark.

"Gun, if you come back with me to the villa, I will ask my father to make you the villa assistant manager. I will step down from my position." said Mark.

"I don't think that your father will agree to that idea," said Gun. Thank goodness, Gun had a reasonable head on his shoulders.

"I will be able to persuade him," Mark insisted. "You don't have to go back to Bangkok, Gun. Your place is here with me in this island."

"Oh yeah? Just a few hours ago, you had terminated my employment at the villa and that is why I had to ask Berkah to give me a job in his mini market," Gun said with a smirk.

I had enough of this back and forth between Mark and Gun. I pushed Berkah from my path and took hold of Gun's wrist.

"C'mon, Gun, let's go home," I said, taking the handle of his suitcase with my other hand.

Like a dutiful son, Gun followed me to my waiting taxicab.