Chapter 11

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Gun shook his head, undecided as to whether he should believe Mark or not.

He started to drive once more, slowly and carefully pulling out of the parking lot exit and merging with the traffic. Thankfully, there were not too many cars on the road.

Suddenly Mark grabbed the wheel.

"Pull to the side, pull to the side," he instructed Gun urgently.

"What now," Gun muttered under his breath but still doing as he was told.

"Would you please check if I happen to have any water bottles in the back?" Mark asked.

Gun turned to look in the back seat at the exact same time that Mark turned to check in the back and sure enough their mouths collided.

Gun drew in his breath sharply and covered his mouth with his hands.

"It wasn't intentional, I swear," Mark tried to assure Gun.

"You told me to be the one to look!" Gun yelled at Mark. "Why did you turn your head?"

"I swear it wasn't intentional," Mark insisted.

"Wait! Where are you going???" Mark called out when Gun suddenly opened the door and jumped out of the car.

"To check in the trunk of your car," Gun yelled back.

"Oh, you scared me for a moment there," Mark muttered under his breath.

After a brief moment, Gun came back with an eight ounce bottled water and handed it to Mark.

"Thank you so much," Mark sounded sincere enough. "I'm really grateful for your kindness."

"Just please forget the accidental kiss that happened a few moments ago," Gun said seriously.

Mark did not respond but instead took out the small amber colored bottle of muscle relaxant pills that he had earlier bought from the in-house pharmacy of the clinic.

When it seemed to Gun that he wasn't going to get any response from Mark, Gun started the engine once more and was about to drive away from the curb when Mark stopped him once again.

"It's a minute past twelve noon. Let me treat you to lunch at the plaza restaurant," Mark offered.

"I'm fine, thank you," Gun said. "I can always take my lunch at the employee lounge when we reach the villa."

Gun was about to start the car again when Mark said, "Please, Gun, I came straight here without taking my breakfast. I'm really hungry now. Besides, the instructions in this bottle of pills say that I should take these with food."

Gun sighed. 

"Fine then," he said. "Which restaurant did you want me to drive you to?"

"The Lotus Princess," Mark replied. "They make the best nasi goreng there."  (A/N: This is a fictitious name for a restaurant. Author doesn't know if a restaurant with that name does exist.)

"Nasi what?" Gun asked.

"Nasi goreng," Mark repeated.

"What is that?" Gun got curious.

"It's a special kind of Indonesian fried rice," Mark explained. "It tastes really good. Once you taste it, you will want to have it again."

"Where is the restaurant located?" Gun asked.

"It's located at the end of the plaza," Mark replied. "Just turn around and go back to the plaza where we came from. I will point it out to you when we get there."

Gun did not want to admit it, but the nasi goreng indeed tasted so delicious that he was tempted to ask for a second plate.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

When Gun pierced the yolk of the sunny side up with his fork, the delicious yellow liquid oozed into the fried rice that had been browned by a special salty sweet soy sauce. There were tiny strips of crispy fried beef and dried baby shrimps mixed into the fried rice. He drizzled the cucumber slices with the juice that he squeezed out from the slice of lemon. They went so well with the rest of the dish.

Gun did not notice how Mark was observing him enjoying the nasi goreng and eating heartily from it.

Mark hid his smile and vowed that he was going to take Gun back to this restaurant when the time was right.

Gun was sipping from his tall glass of pineapple juice when his phone started to ring.

He pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at the screen.

Shit, it was Berkah. He should have notified him that he was going to be delayed in going back to the villa.

"What's the matter, Gun?" Mark asked. "Why do you look worried? Who is calling you?"

Gun quickly stood up from the table and ran out of the restaurant.

"Gun!!! Wait! Don't leave me here!!!" Mark yelled frantically.