Chapter 27

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

It took a while for Gun to find a parking spot in the hospital parking lot. He was starting to feel frustrated as he drove around and around hoping for someone to leave so that he could take over their spot.

Finally as he rounded a corner to go into the third row of parking spaces he saw a white SUV pulling out of the first spot in that row.

Gun let out a sigh of relief as he waited for the SUV to leave. For some reason the SUV looked very familiar. The SUV was a split second from totally leaving the parking space open for Gun when he suddenly realized that it was his father's car. What the hell was his father doing here in the hospital when he already had divorced his mom. Unless he had been here to visit someone else.

Gun honked his car. That got his father's attention. His father stepped on his brakes and looked out his window.

"Gun! When did you come back to Thailand?" his father asked loudly so that Gun could hear him from the distance.

"How did you even know that I left?" Gun asked, his resentment and deep seated grudge washing over him all over again just like the first time when his father and mother had announced that they were getting a divorce.

His father put his car on brakes and stepped out of the SUV.

"Get your car out of the way!" Gun yelled at his father. "I need to park my car!"

"We need to talk, Gun," his father said as he approached Gun. "You never gave me a chance to give you my side of the story."

"I don't want to!" Gun yelled. "Get your car out of the way or I will ram my car into it!"

"Gun, please!" his father pleaded. "Calm down, will you?"

"Why are you even here in this hospital?" Gun asked angrily.

"To see your mother of course" his father replied. "You think I don't keep tabs on her and you? You think I didn't know about the day that you ran away from home?"

"I don't want to talk to you," Gun said firmly. "Get out of my way. I have to park my car so that I can go and check on my mother's status. We don't need your presence here. My mom has a new husband now who takes good care of her."

"That new husband of hers was her lover long before we divorced. He was the reason that your mother divorced me," his father said, his voice sounding hoarse as if he was holding back tears that were flowing down the back of his throat.

Gun stared long and hard at his father. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He refused to believe what his father was saying.

"No! You're lying! Get out of my way or I swear I will ram my car into yours!" Gun threatened his father.

When his father stayed where he was, Gun reversed his car and revved his engine.

Just at that moment, Mark came running out of nowhere.

"Gun! Hurry! The doctors and nurses have announced a code blue on your mom!"

Without further thought, both Gun and his father left their cars and rushed towards the hospital building.

Mark ran along beside Gun, holding Gun's hand very tight. Mark's face was just as worried as Gun's.

When they reached the intensive care unit, Gun's eyes opened wide. His stepfather was already inside his mother's room. He was bent over his mother, his arms around her.

How did his stepfather get here so fast, Gun wondered. Then Gun remembered that on his way back to the hospital he had stopped by the fish and chips diner to order and pick up some food for himself and Mark. Maybe during that time the nurse had called his stepdad as his stepdad had requested, to notify him about any change in the condition of his wife.

Gun and Mark slowly walked inside the room while Gun's father stood watching by the door.

Gun noticed right away that his stepdad's upper body was bent over his mom and was shaking uncontrollably. He heard his stepdad sobbing.

No! It can't be!

Gun rushed forward and pushed his stepdad away from his mom.

He stared hard at his mom's lifeless body then he turned to his stepdad.

"The doctors and the nurses could not do a single thing to save her?" Gun asked, still keeping his emotions at bay.

"Your mom did not want heroic measures to be done to save her," Gun's stepdad informed him.

Suddenly Gun's father rushed into the room and dragged Gun's stepdad out of the room. Once they were outside the room, he punched Gun's stepdad hard on his stomach making the stepdad lose his balance, his body hitting the corner of the nurses' counter before ending up on the floor.

The nurses immediately surrounded the two men. One of them told Gun's father to leave or she would call security on him.

Gun watched the whole scene undecided on what to do next. He had just started a pleasant and peaceful relationship with his stepdad and now his father's revelation about his stepdad had sent him reeling.

Gun felt Mark putting his arm around his waist.

Gun turned and buried his head into Mark's shoulder. He started to cry.

"I don't know what to believe anymore, Mark," he sobbed.

Mark ran his hands up and down Gun's back while holding Gun close to him with his other hand.

"Don't think of anything right now, Gun," Mark said. "We need to help your stepdad. He needs your help right now."

Gun straightened up.

"I don't know if I wanna do that," he said to Mark, his face forming a deep frown.