𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

SEBASTIAN: God, I, uh... I'm surprised you still play.

[Sebastian sits down.]

JACE: Only when the mood strikes.

SEBASTIAN: Is that why you're up so early? Or, wait, did you never go to sleep?

JACE: I just got back from the Hunter's Moon.

SEBASTIAN: Ah, I'm guessing you weren't there for a pint, were you? [Jace chuckles.] It's that bartender, isn't it? The beautiful one.

JACE: It's nothing serious.

SEBASTIAN: I thought you had a thing for Clary.

JACE: Clary? Why would you say that?

SEBASTIAN: Well, I mean, you know... now that she's not your sister. And she's... she's beautiful and fiery, and... What is holding you back?

JACE: Well, she has a boyfriend. She's moved on, I've moved on. It's ancient history. 

ROSE: Well, it wasn't that ancient. 

[Sebastian nods thoughtfully. Then Clary peeks her head in the room.]

CLARY: Sorry to interrupt. Um, Alec is about to make an announcement.

[THE INSTITUTE, OPS CENTER]

[Alec is standing on the platform, speaking to the crowd.]

ALEC: We have lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote... 

JEREMY: Nice idea. 

[Alec's voice fades away, we focus on two of the Shadowhunters, Lindsay and Duncan, in the crowd talking in low voices.]

LINDSAY: I'm all for unity, but does he have to bring them here?

DUNCAN: What do you expect? He's dating a warlock.

LINDSAY: Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge. 

DUNCAN: Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else. 

DAVINA: They were bickering behind your back. 

[Izzy, overhearing them, raises her voice.]

ISABELLE: Hey. Show some respect.

ALEC: Security will be tighter, both here and in the sub-cells. Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome.

[Alec nods and walks down the platform. The crowd dissolves. Alec approaches Jace, Theo, Rose and Clary.]

JACE: Look at you. In charge for a week, you're already shaking things up.