chapter fourteen - normal.

avia's pov

"listen, i am so, so sorry.." danny starts. after we sang he quickly dragged me outside to the front of the airbnb, eager to talk to me. we sat next to each other on the curb while everyone else continued partying inside. i shook my head, beginning to nervously bite my lip and fidget with my rings, "you shouldn't be the one apologizing. i made it such a big deal when it shouldn't have been. me leaving was so unnecessary and-" he took both of my hands into his, "hey, hey, hey..." he said, cutting me off from my rambling, "let's just forget about it, okay? i'm not mad and i hope you aren't either, how about we drop it and move on?" he asks, giving my hands a gentle squeeze.

i nod and give him a soft smile, glad to hear that he isn't mad or still upset over the situation. i'm not sure why i ended up overthinking this whole thing.. danny and i've got in arguments in the past and we always made up. he smiles back and scoots closer to me, resting his head on my shoulder, our hands still interlocked. we sit here for a while in silence, watching as cars drive by, admiring the scenery and enjoying each others company.

"happy birthdayy!!" someone from behind us yelled after a while, before smashing a piece of cake into danny's face, getting it all over him and a bit on myself. he quickly sits up, startled. we turn around to see most of our friends laughing, jc carrying a camera in his hand filming, and reggie hysterically laughing on the floor, the leftover of the handful of cake still in his hands. danny turns to look at me, which causes me to crack up too, cake all over his face and a bit in his hair.

kian looks at danny, still laughing, "we've been waiting for you to come get your slice but you were taking foreverrrr!!"

"c'monn, i was gonna get it soon," danny says, still holding my hand and refusing to let go, but wiping cake off his face with his free hand.

kian looks at danny, then at me, then back at danny, "doesn't look like it.." he says jokingly, which causes me to slap my free hand over my mouth because it was so uncalled for.

kian makes a face at the camera then points at me, "she liked that one" he says, joking around again, and that one causes danny to start chuckling.

"well is there anything left?" danny asks, genuinely wanting cake now.

———————

"do you want some?" danny asks as he finally lets my hand go, needing it to help cut himself a slice of cake. i shake my head, no, but he proceeds to cut me one anyways. he carries both of our plates as we head into the living area, sitting on the couch. he hands me my plate and we catch up, distant laughter and music in the background of our conversation, all of which coming from outside. his own birthday party, yet he refuses to leave my side. he tells me about all the stops i missed and all the silly little things that went on at each show, and i caught him up on my family back home and all the time i spent together with them.

we talked for the longest time before we began to get sleepy, him because of tour and myself being extremely jetlagged. i slept on the couch because i didn't have an assigned room, but he insisted to sleep out there with me.. and so we did, we fell asleep while everyone else continued to have fun outside. so many people, yet out of everyone, i would choose to spend my time with only him. things were back to normal.

————————

Liked by jccaylen and 12,835 othersTagged exploredanny and viasspamtarayummysworld: happy birthday dummy !! love u !!  (i still love via more than u tho)

Tagged exploredanny and viasspam
tarayummysworld: happy birthday dummy !! love u !!  (i still love via more than u tho)

Comments:
exploredanny: haha thank you tara 🥺 (btw i dont blame u)
fan1: AWWW

viasspam: omg when did u take this 😭

fan2: are they dating?

fan3: so cute 🥰

viasex: 💀

realoscarguerra posted on their story