chapter five - vegas pt. 2

danny's pov

"but is there anything there? y'know.. feelings?" i heard tara ask as i stood by the door. i had paused my stream to grab my phone from aviana and i's room.. but i couldn't help but rest my hand on the doorknob and stop myself, listening to their conversation that was going on.

"i guess? i mean.. there's been something there since freshman year, but he already knows that. i wouldn't mind being something more, but we've also known each other for so long.. i don't want to ruin anything." i heard avia reply. i smiled at her response, glad to hear she felt the same way. it's always been obvious that her and i had feelings for each other- especially as we got to know each other better and got older- but we never spoke of it or did anything about it.. we just pushed those feelings away.

i realize that i've spent a while at the door, so i stop eavesdropping and decide to just leave my phone.. turning around and returning back to stream.

---

an hour or so passes and i finally end stream. i sit back in the uncomfortable hotel chair before getting up and going back to my own room. tara passes me as soon as i open the door, giving me a playful glare for kicking her out as she lays on her bed. i laugh at her before shutting the door that connected our rooms.

as i enter avia and i's room, i notice via laying on her bed on her computer. i take off my shoes and lay next to her, trying not to bring up what i had heard earlier, "whatcha doinn'?"

she looks up at me with a smile, then puts her attention back to whatever she was doing on her computer, "editing this weeks video.. wanna seeee?"

"duh, of course," i reply and get closer, leaning my head on her shoulder. she puts her arm around me and begins to play with my hair which makes a slight smile grow on my face. avia and i have for sure been this close in the past, especially on rough nights when we needed to vent or rant to each other, but being this close after knowing her feelings just felt different. i clear my head and begin watching what she has so far when she presses the play button.

the five minutes of her vlog of tour so far comes to an end. i give her one of our half-assed thumbs up, still lazily resting my head on her shoulder.

she laughs at me and gently smacks the top of my head as a joke, "seriously?!"

i smile, "heyy, no, it was good! seriously!" i respond as i poke her side. she's so ticklish and effing hates when i do that.

"danny!" she squeals and pulls away from me, picking up her pillow that she was just laying her head on and throwing it at me. both of us break into a laughing fit.

"i'm sorrryyy," i say in between my laughs as i pick up her pillow and place it back to where it once was. i smile at her and pull her back into a hug on her bed. we lay back down and she begins to play with my hair and go back to editing again.

"so annoying," she says sarcastically.

"so rude," i say sarcastically back at her, trying to hold back my laugh.

all she does is smile, due to all her focus being on her editing. i sigh and begin to drift off.. eventually falling asleep with her in my arms.

---

Liked by babynezza and 3,281 othersaviaclaire: bye vegas :(

aviaclaire: bye vegas :(

Comments:
franny_arrieta: gorgeous ❤
aviaclaire: love u fran <3

tarayummyy: girls night back to vegas soon?
babynezza: please!!!
aviaclaire: so down

fan1: SO PRETTY 😍

fan2: it was so nice meeting you y/n !!

fan3: i bet danny took these 😂
captured.times: sure did
aviaclaire: danny? don't know him, sorry 😂

---

Liked by exploredanny and 1,923 othersviasspam: can't take us anywhereTagged: exploredanny

viasspam: can't take us anywhere
Tagged: exploredanny

Comments:
exploredanny: sheeeshhh 😍
viasspam: aren't we cute?
exploredanny: nah, just the one in the hat
viasspam: ... ihy

fan1: aww cuties 💙

fan2: goals

fan3: ew 😐

---