chapter one - bestfriends

avia's pov

fans holler and cheer as his name is announced on the speakers. i laugh from the side, off-stage, and watch as danny walks up, sitting next to anderson and jc, all while smiling and waving at the crowd that sat in front of him.

i move out of the way and lean against a wall, making room for the rest of the boys that are about to go on stage- though i'm completely zoned out and not paying any attention to them. i focus on danny, admiring him and thinking about how far he's come.

growing up, he was and still is one of my only friends. him and i met back in grade nine, freshman year. we had a few classes together, yet tended to bond over our geeky love for video games and obsessions for photography. ever since then, we've been inseparable. danny had always talked to me about wanting to take his passions seriously and to the next level, but he never got the opportunity to until he met kian and jc.. i'll never forget how excited he was on the night he told me about the road trip. he had facetimed me as soon as he found out. he tried to hide his exciment by complaining about how he hadn't convinced his parents yet- though i know deep down he was eager and couldn't wait.

by the time i was snapped back into reality, all the boys were on stage and were answering questions. i glanced over at the screen that was being presented behind them.. "the camboys tour 2021" written in big letters. i look back at danny and he gives me a confused look.. i guess he just now realized that i'd been looking at him this whole time.

"you good?" he mouths to me, giving me a half-assed thumbs up- one of the signals we created back in high school as a way to communicate during class. it'd become an inside joke within his fanbase because of how many times we do it during his streams.

"the hell was that?" jc asks danny while laughing and mocking him, not realizing that he was giving signals to me off-stage.

i give danny a quick smile and a thumbs up back.. immediately brushing it off by fixing my hair as some of the boys looked over at me to see what was going on.

danny chuckles at the situation and waves me over to come sit next to him, "come onnn, v!"

the crowd of fans go crazy. i look at him in shock and shake my head "no, no, no.. it's okay" i say.. but there's no point because he can't hear me over the screaming. he stands up and jogs across the stage to me, grabbing my hand and practically dragging me out from behind the side of the stage. i playfully push him after being exposed to the crowd, not wanting or planning to be apart of their q&a.. of course he made me do it anyway.

-

i sat in between danny and anderson, unintentionally closer to danny because his arm was resting around me and laying on my shoulder. we'd gone through a few questions and it was better than i expected it to be.. very calm and just seemed like as if it were another casual conversation at the house. laughs, playful bickering.. unplayful bickering, ect.

it came back to danny's turn to pick on someone to answer their question.
"hmm.." he said quietly while his eyes scanned through the crowd, "how about you?" he pointed to someone in the very back with his hand that wasn't around me, "i don't believe we have heard from you yet."

the fan smiled as they realize they had been called on. "is it true that you and via are dating?" the fan yelled, trying to be heard from the back of the room.

danny and i quickly look at each other in shock at the question, but immediately burst into laughter. ouch.. why did that hurt??

he held the mic up to my mouth for me to answer. i shook my head before resting it on his shoulder.

"we're just friends."