From Promised To Surprised

Third Person's Pov

"Eggs."

"And he even said that the director knew him..."

"Milk."

"They said they'll increase his salary by 50% after his probation period..."

"Flour."

"I can't wait to meet him and then give him a big fat kiss!"

"Jimin! I get it! You're happy and excited! But can we please focus? And this is not flour, it's corn starch!"

"Oh sorry" Jimin giggled sheepishly and passed him the correct thing this time. Jin shook his head and went back to mixing the batter. Jimin hopped on the kitchen counter, typing something furiously on his phone, a rhythmic pattern of tip-tap filled the room.

"I better go and get ready," Jimin said as Jin tossed the cake batter into the oven. Jin nodded and grabbed a glass of water dabbing at the sheen layer of sweat glistening on his cheek. "We need to install on AC in here. I'm going to melt!" He said fanning himself. 

"It's winter Jin." Jimin dead-panned. "Whatever." Jin retorted as he took off his RJ-printed apron. A gift from Taehyung when he was preparing for the baking competition in his school. Huh, funny how everything around him just leads him to one person. 

Kim Taehyung. Who has a boyfriend.

He was wrong. He can never move on from Taehyung. 

"Hello? Earth to Jin?" Jin jerked out of his reverie as Jimin's chubby fingers clicked before him. 

"Huh? What?" 

"I asked, red or blue?" 

"Red." Jin answered without skipping a beat. "You look good in red." He further elaborated as Jimin shot him a calculating look. 

"Okay then!!" Jimin gave him a wide smile and flew off to his room. 

"Wait Jimin! Help me clean-argh!" 

-----
"I still don't know why we're going all the way to my parent's house when you can just tell me." Taehyung sighed as they drove endlessly through the empty straight road. Beside him, Jungkook was intently listening and bopping his head rhythmically to IU's songs, obviously not paying attention to what Taehyung was saying.

Taehyung clicked his tongue in annoyance and reduced the volume of the song. "Why would you do that!?" Jungkook snapped instantly his frown growing deeper and deeper by the minute, his hand already moving forward to increase the volume back up. Taehyung slapped his hand away.

"Had to. You weren't listening to me." He answered nonchalantly and stopped the car by the roadside.

"Well, I'm listening now." Jungkook replied absent-mindedly and went for the volume button again. Taehyung pushed his palm on the way.

"First answer my question."

"Get out of my way, the main part of the song is almost there!"

"We've been listening to the same song on a loop for the past 30 minutes!"

"IT'S IU!" Jungkook pointed out as if it answered everything.

"Is IU more important than me!?"

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to."

"Is that a yes!?"

"You said that not me."

"You swine!"

"You pig!"

Taehyung gasped offended, "You take that back!"

Jungkook smirked leaning more comfortably on the car seat, "Make me."