The crowd gasps in shock, while the two soldiers laugh. 

"Now that's ugly," the fat soldier jeers. Quasimodo touches his face where the tomato juice spreads and looks back at the soldiers in shock. 

Another soldier from the opposite side of the crowd throws another tomato. 

"Hail to the king!"

"The king!" Another soldier joins, and soon, many from the crowd are throwing fruits and vegetables at the poor hunchback, not just the soldiers. 

Quasimodo suddenly slips on some fruit, and the villagers laugh at the boy's plight. Terrified and embarrassed, Quasimodo gets up and tries to get away from the cruel people below, but one of the townspeople throws a rope that catches around Quasimodo's neck. More and more townspeople begin throwing ropes, dragging Quasimodo onto a spinning platform and tying him down. 

Once Quasimodo is tied, one of the villagers spins the platform as the crowd continues to throw food at him. 

The heroes stare at the scene in horror, how could people be so cruel? Wanting to interfere, but simply unable to because of their civilian disguises and lack of status in the town, the heroes are forced to watch the scene unfold in frustration and consternation. 

Out of the corner of their eyes, the heroes can see one of the colorful tents on the side of the square open, revealing the gypsy boy. Now back in his outfit from before his performance, his eyes widen in dismay at the scene that greets him as he exits his tent. 

(The bottom picture is the one that goes with this scene, this is not mine, you can find it on DeviantArt)

The hero's attention returns to Quasimodo when he begins to call for his "master" to help him while looking pleadingly at Frollo, who has turned away. The heroes have begun to put together the pieces of what Frollo's relationship is with the hunchback, and suffice to say, they are far from happy. 

The cruelty of the townspeople continues, and the Captain of the Guard looks to Frollo from atop his horse in askance. 

"Sir, permission to stop this cruelty?"

Frollo replies calmly with a wave of his hand and a smirk.

"In a moment, Captain. A lesson needs to be learned here."

1:10

A hush suddenly goes over the crowd, stopping all conversation and directing the attention of the heroes, as well as Frollo and the Captain, to the stage. 

It is quiet as the gypsy boy slowly makes his way towards the frightened Quasimodo. 

"What is he doing?" Kid Flash whispers. 

Aqualad places a hand on Kid's shoulder, a small smile on his face, mirrored by Robin. 

"Helping," he says quietly.