𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 - 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗸𝘀

Start from the beginning

"You'd be surprised. We get snow, much more than needed, every week til like July. Then it just rains every other day. I think I'd rather live in some type of southern state." I said.

"I don't know about that. Depending on where you go, there's nothing but heat." He said.

"I wouldn't mind." I said.

"You'd probably melt, and if you came here you might freeze. I mean you're shivering right now." He said. I laughed because even I didn't realize I was shivering.

"It's just a tad colder here." I said smiling....

Matt's POV

She had a beautiful smile. I realized I should probably go the gentlemanly thing here. I took off my coat and put it around her shoulders.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Why don't we get some coffee, there's a nice little shop a block or two away from here." I said.

"I'd love to, but I don't have any money." She said.

"It's alright, I'll get it." I said.

"Oh, no, you really don't have to. I'll be fine without it." She said.

"No, I want to. Plus it's a really cool place. If you come back I'd like you to know some place to go." I said. I don't know if she got what I meant by that. She looked like she wanted to deny my offer, but she didn't say anything. We walked another block or so and arrived. You could smell it from the outside.

I opened the door for her and we walked to the front.

"What would you recommend I get?" She asked looking at the menu.

"Um... basically anything from the left side right there. It's all really good." I said.

"Okay." She said. She scanned the menu and ordered one of my favorite drinks. I ordered mine and we got our drinks. There were some other people here right now, but not a whole bunch. We sat there in a more comfortable silence and drank our coffee.

She was looking at the window right now. She was really pretty. She was prettier in person, and that's saying something. Her eyes complimented her hair really well. I haven't talked with her much, but she's got a real kind thing about her. Like she's opened to talk about nearly anything, and would help you with anything.

"I wish the sun didn't go down so early." She said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"It feels like the days cut short. Like the sun setting right now would be perfect." She said.

"I guess so. Although, I kind of like it being dark earlier. Gives more time to look at the moon." I said.

"I see that point too." She said. She looked away from the window and at me. She looked away and took my jacket off her arms. It was warm in here to be fair.

"That movie that you auditioned for, Tex, do you think you're going to get it?" I asked.

"I don't know for sure, but I think so. There wasn't too much competition. Emilio Estevez was there, but he was auditioning for Johnny." I said.

"Really?" She asked almost confused. "I wonder if he'll get it. Johnny's supposed to be a dark haired dude. I guess he almost fits the dark blue eye criteria." She said.

"So you've read the book I'm guessing?" I said smiling.

"Yeah, it was one of my favorites. Have you?" She asked.

"I did a week or so ago, I needed to if I wanted a chance to get the role." I said.

"Did you like it?" She asked.