She paused as she began to walk to Sue's car, turning back to look at her father. A silent plead to not send her away like this, a silent plead to forgive her for what she couldn't control. A silent plead to love her just the same.

Billy Black just looked right through her, as if she wasn't there. As if she was a ghost.

_____

"Hey. Charlie said you left town," Jacob said, his arms crossed as he leant against his bike. He knew Kiara wasn't far behind him, so he'd hoped to get his confrontation with Bella and Edward out of the way before she arrived for her first day back at school since she shifted. He knew that she'd lose her shit and call Sam if she turned up and saw him antagonising Edward.

"Yeah. To visit my Mom, why?"

"He's checking to see if you're still human," Edward snarked, a small twitch at the corners of his mouth before Jacob turns back to Edward with his main intention in mind. The older Black twin hadn't came to have a friendly chat with the vampire, and Edward knew that.

He looked the vampire up and down, knowing fine well that Edward probably could take him in a fight. "I'm coming here to warn you. If your kind come on our land again..."

"Wait, what?"

The conversation paused as Jacob looked at Edward, amusement on his face as he realised that Edward had been hiding the encounter the previous night from Bella. He realised that this was a chance to cause a drift between the couple, thoughts of him and Bella storming his mind as he saw Edward tense.

"You didn't tell her?"

"Just leave it alone, Jacob."

"Tell me what?" Bella asked, turning to Edward in confusion.

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding, there is nothing to worry about."

"It wasn't Paul and it wasn't a misunderstanding when he almost snapped her leg," Jacob growled before remembering that Sam had ordered him not to reveal that Kiara had shifted. Not that it mattered - Jacob could see by the way that Edward's eyes widened that he had seen it in his head now. "Listen to you. Did you lie to get her out of town, too?"

"You should leave. Now." 

"She has a right to know. She is the one the red-head wants." 

"Victoria?" Bella asked, the name sending a chill up Jacob's spine for a second as Bella and Edward began to argue between themselves. "Alices's vision. We're gonna talk about this, but... You. Why haven't you called me back?"

Across the parking lot, Bella and Kiara's friends were watching in anticipation. They'd known that Bella and Kiara's twin brother had a slight "will-they-won't-they" going on after the Cullen's had left town but now that Edward was back together with Bella, they were curious to see if a fight was about to break out in the car parking lot.

Jessica chuckled as Bella got on the back of the boy's motorbike, leaving Edward standing alone in the parking lot as he stared after them. All of the friends exchanged amused glances as he and his siblings brushed past them into the school building, the bell due to signal the start of the day at any moment.

Just as the bell echoed across the car park, Mike tugged at Eric's sleeve as his jaw dropped. They all turned to follow his line of sight, noticing the sight that had caused the boy to freeze in surprise.

It was a pretty beat up dirt bike, similar to that of Jacob's but definitely a little more derelict. While the bike stood out against the cars in Forks High parking lot, it was the girl that had just climbed off it, no helmet to be seen.