Chapter 28 The Turbulent Storm Continues

Start from the beginning

"I don't care, Sam! I don't care! He took everything from me! I have nothing left to fight for!"

Gordon then emerged from nowhere and stood behind him, "Even so, your life is all that matters."

Harrison stiffened his eyebrows, "What are you gonna do about it, preach me to death? You know nothing, you don't know how I feel. Have you ever lost someone that you held dearly?"

 "I did." 

He lashed out at him, "And you sold him out..." 

"A small price to pay," he replied firmly. The tone of his voice might've hinted at a lack of remorse, deep down his mistake still daunts him.

 "Then you don't have a right right to lecture me about what I should and should not do!" 

As the young lad marched toward the elevator, Gordon stood in his path. He hissed as a surging force of rage grew within. At that moment,  he was ready to unleash his terror upon him.

"Move!" He snarled.

"Make me!" Gordon replied.

Harrison smirked, he desired to unleash that pent-up aggression. He just didn't know how to, and to who he would unleash upon. Now that Gordon decided to become his first victim, it pleased him. His fist morphed into a fist made of rock matter. Meanwhile, Gordon slowly unsheathed his sword from his scabbard. As the duel was about to unfold,  Sam quickly stood before them and placed his hands on their chest, repelling the two apart in the process.

"That's enough outta you. This isn't the time to be bickering amongst each other. We are all hurt, Harrison, but that doesn't mean that you should start random fights to express your grief!" He exclaimed.

Harrison rolled his eyes and walked around them, "Whatever," he commented.

"Harrison! Harrison wait!" Diana shouted from afar as the latter marched toward the elevator. When he got inside, he pressed a button that initially commanded the doors to close.

"Let him go, he needs some space to breathe. Besides, I don't think he's stupid enough to take Seth on his own," Sam said, informing her about the matter. 

Gordon chuckled, he stood in an akimbo position and Diana inquired, "What's so funny?" 

"It's impossible for him...actually for all of you to ignore your reckless nature. It's one of the traits you've inherited from your father," Gordon replied rubbing his chin with fascination.

***********

After watching over the citizens of Queens, the sun patiently descended. From a distance, it seemed as though it was digging its way through the hard crust; in reality, it was migrating to the other section of the earth. As clawed it's way down it left behind a range of blood-red, punch-pink, and vermillion hues. And thus, dusk approached.

Joseph played video games on his iPad. As he sat lethargically on the couch and placed his legs across the table; there was a half-eaten slice of pizza on a plate, a cold drink beverage next to his plate on top of the couch's arm.

He heard a knock on the door and stood up. As he approached the door, he moaned, "Okay, okay, I'm coming jeez.!"  He exclaimed vexed by the persistent knocking. He opened the door and he saw Harrison. Quickly, he scanned his friend's garments and he saw blood stains on them. 

"What the fuck happened to you?" Joseph enquired.

"It's my mom...," he replied with a soft and low voice. 

Joseph's eyes protruded with astonishment, "Come inside and tell me what happened," he replied. 

Harrison walked in and Joseph shut the door behind him. The two pottered to the living room. Once they got there, Joseph removed his plate and beverage from the arm of the couch and gestured at it, hinting at his friend to sit. Harrison sat on the couch and cupped his palms around his face.