Found

"Tada! Welcome to the official Jurassic World Discovery Walk!" I smiled, taking my hands away from Darius' eyes so he could see the area.

"I get to learn new dinosaur facts? Whoo!" he excitedly cheered, jumping up and down.

"So what do you think? Do you like it?" I asked as he walked over to one of the concrete plaques containing different information on the many dinosaurs.

"Like it? I love it, Kiara! I've wanted to see the Jurassic World Discovery Walk since I don't know, forever!" Darius exclaimed, turning to give me a quick hug.

"I can't believe this place is practically untouched!"

"I can."

"Hey! Race you to the next plaque!" Darius exclaimed, quickly running over to the next plaque.

"That does not count as a race, D!" I said, crossing my arms and shaking my head.

"Check it out! Sauropods can eat up to 12,000 pounds of food per day!" Darius continued

"Wow," I breathed. "That is quite a lot."

"Well, obviously, their necks help them cover elevated and lower grazing levels," Darius stated matter-of-a-factly.

"I forget that giant dinosaurs, like the sauropods, need giant meals!" I said, giggling.

"Race you to the next plaque!"

"Hey -"

"This one's about camouflage!" Darius interjected with a grin.

"What does it say?" I asked as I walked up behind him.

"Some dinosaurs developed colour patterns to help them hide from..." he broke off and lowered his head. "Hide..." he repeated quietly. Darius grabbed my hands, his face close to mine. "I know where the beacon is!"

He took my hand and pulled me back to Main Street, the sun slowly beginning to rise as we swiftly moved. Once we reached the others still snoring in the gift store, Darius yelled for them to wake. "Guys! I know where the beacon is! Get up, come on!"

The others slowly began to stir, their eyes opening droopily. Kenji snorted and turned over in his sleep, falling off the counter and hitting the cold floor.

"I'm awake!" he exclaimed, shooting his head to look around, alarmed. He then spotted Darius and me standing by the front of the store. "Why are you up so early," Kenji asked as the others stared at us drowsily.

"Darius figured out where the beacon is!" I explained. That did the trick. They all perked up, their attention on Darius.

"That's great!" Sammy cheerfully replied.

Brooklynn looked doubtful. "Are you sure? We looked all over Main Street, and it wasn't here."

Darius smirked. "We looked, but we didn't look," he said, the others looking confused.

"Well, that clears that up," Brooklynn sarcastically said, turning to the rest of us.

"It's like Sammy was saying about things disguised as other things. We never found the beacon because it was camouflaged!" Darius explained, walking over to Sammy and resting his arm on her shoulder with a grin.

After that, we all went back to searching again. With the new knowledge that the beacon wouldn't be in plain sight, we would need to look even harder. Darius peered into the bins disguised as rocks; Sammy looked through some of the ferns, and Kenji was on the ground, weighing two rocks. He then threw them back, narrowly missing my head.

"Kenji! Be careful!" I exclaimed, frowning.

"Sorry, Kiara. My bad."

He continued to pick up another rock, threw it up and down, and then chucked it back, only this time, I had moved out of harm's way. Brooklynn now had the book on the island that Sammy had found yesterday and was walking around, recording everything with her camera. I followed Sammy's lead and looked by the plants scattered across Main Street.