CH19 - Taking responsibility

Start from the beginning

Either way, what had been done is done now, but she also knows if she keeps this in much longer, things could escalate pretty quickly just like now.

'I'm sorry Hiei. . . Kurama. . .' Ruby mentally apologized to them before she is about to confess the information to Yusuke and Koenma. Meanwhile Miyuki in the background leaned forward a little bit, wanting to hear everything that her friend is about to say right now. "I know we are all tired, but I didn't want to wait any longer, and yes, I could have told you all this in previous occasions, but I was scared of how things will turn out once you know about this." Ruby started off in a fast ramble since she was anxious about their reaction still. "But after seeing Miyuki, I realized it was wrong to keep this from you for so long." After she said that, she started panting softly like she was out of breath after running a marathon. The Urameshi girl's eyes went wide, a bit taken off guard because of how her friend was so nervous at this moment, and it made her feel sympathetic towards her. . .

Apparently, she was not the only one who felt concerned for the girl. So, to somewhat help the young bender to calm down her nerves, Koenma for once acted properly in the situation and offered his comfort to her.

"Hey-hey, just take it easy and breathe." The brunette teen gently told the female figure as he placed one hand onto her shoulder and gave a small squeeze of reassurance to it. "Take a minute for yourself and tell us what's going on." Seeing him, Yusuke couldn't help but scoff out loud while his arms folded over his chest.

"Pff, for once you put your heart in it there, chief." The Urameshi boy sarcastically commented which earned an annoyed stink eye from Koenma, though really, he has no right to be upset or pissed with Yusuke at this moment since what he said was no insult but the reflection of the harsh truth. So, he bit the inside of his cheeks to keep himself quiet, and just let that slide before turning his attention back to Ruby, letting go of her small shoulder and offer a tiny head nod for her, indicating her to go on with her speech.

The girl closed her eyes and eventually got to pull herself together. . . She nodded back weakly and took a breath before speaking up.

"What I wanted to say is that, Yusuke. . ." Ruby started steadily, but trailed down a little at the end as she turned to the said teen boy. "You and Miyuki. . . You are not the only people who were invited back to Demon World." As this was finally out in the open, the boys' eyes went slightly wide while the ghostly figure in the bushes lowered her head down in sorrow now seeing what this is about. However, her eyes then went narrow again when she realized something.

'Wait. . .' Miyuki thought to herself as she snapped her head back up and look back at the three teens. 'She. . . she knew. . . ?'

"What?" The boys questioned, stunned by the information still. "What do you mean we aren't the only ones?"

"Who got invitations?" Koenma asked, getting serious about the topic again.

"Hiei and Kurama." Right after the information came out of the Water-Bender's mouth the boys exchanged worried glances with each other. As for Miyuki, she felt like her heart is about to crack once again, her eyes opened up wide in horror as her mind was reaching for the denial switch. . .

First her partner Hiei, and now her childhood best friend, Kurama. . .