CH6 - Destinies. . .

I am now sitting in the café with little Princey who is sitting at the opposite side of me. We ordered some good drinks and deserts to ease up the talk. The problem however is that, I didn't really think about how to start this conversation without being awkward about it or blowing up like a time ticking bomb. I mean I know what I want to talk about, but knowing myself I was never good at expressing my feelings through words much since I am more of an action guy than a talker like Fox-boy or my little sister. . .

But I guess the awkward part still somewhat managed to get there, into the silence that had fallen onto the both of us, giving a little tension in the air around the table we are sitting at. It was a bit uncomfortable but I guess the blame is on me since I am not really good with social cues. Plus I didn't know how to approach this. . . subject. . .

Man, I wish I had the courage to at least ask Miyuki for help this time, but like I stated earlier to Kuwa there, and Keiko at the other day, I don't want to bother her with little nonsenses like this here. . .

"Yusuke, what's wrong?" Koenma finally said something which was somewhat a good start.

"Nothing." I lazily replied as I was looking through the window's blindfolds for a few seconds before I finally turned to look at Purple-bandana head over there. "So, what's your deal? Can you not get back into Spirit World or you're just enjoy slumming it?" I asked him curiously, only to earn a solemn look from Koenma instead of his usual snappy comebacks like before.

That just means things are serious with him for sure.

"Understand, if I go back, it'll be for punishment." He informed me with a serious tone while I straightened up my back and look at him in a better angle. "Disobeying my father to protect both you, and your sister was the worst of 'crimes'. And I'm afraid if I go back, he will take my life." I see him sigh a little in exhaustion. "Botan sent me a message in secret. She said my father called many of the staff members that worked for me and sent them out of the castle in several different directions."

"Why?" I questioned, puzzled and also in a bit of disbelief because man, this situation is clearly unfair on both me and my sister. I mean how could we have known that we were demons from the get go?

And the moment they found out about it they had thrown every good deed we had done to them out the window like yesterday's garbage. Like what we had done for them, every little dirty work they had thrown into our faces, it didn't matter anymore, and that's the biggest discrimination bullshit I had ever experienced in my life.

"I know my father. He has a plan." Koenma said with a warning tone and eyes while my hand reached for the coffee mug in front of me. "Be careful Yusuke. Eyes up! And this warning goes to your sister as well."

"You're sounding paranoid." I commented, because I think he might be exaggerating.

"My father ordered for you and Miyuki to be erased." Princey kept on insisting on the matter. "He had sent his own troops this time. Don't think the Great King Enma going to give up that wish just because his son was unruly and his men were weak. "I mentally groaned to myself a little irritatedly as I was sipping from my coffee which left such bitter taste in my mouth. But maybe that's just because of the mood that hit me here." He is going to try it again, and again Yusuke. He had done it on your sibling twice without any remorse, and now he is doing it again, meaning he can easily do it to you as well. But from a different approach." And that's what irritated me the most.

Those bastards, thinking that they can just control us and write our fate like. . . engrave it in a stone. All I am able to detect there is more bullshit.