ø¤º𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥𝟦 º¤ø

...

Crickets. 

...

Crickets was all that was heard when everyone's eyes were glued to us, staring into our souls. I glanced at Camilo, who looked at me with wide eyes, a faint blush and an awkward smirk.

"...huh. That-that's funny because-" I said, looking up at the girl.

"Yes, that is funny..." Madelyn looked at me with a smirk, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, that is a very serious accusation...I dont...know, what you mean by that." Camilo said and another random boy scoffed and laughed. 

"Oh, but I was sure it was you in the classroom, I could see your yellow ruana through the window." The girl said innocently, a larger crowd forming to see what was going on. 

Honestly, it was pretty embarrassing, I don't even know why so many people were invested, I mean sure he was a Madrigal but so was Mirabel and they never bothered her. It's not like they needed to know every detail of their lives all the time.

"Ooh, shit... This is gold!" Luis laughed and grinned, I pursed my lips and glared at him and shook my head.

I internally groaned, not sure how it could get any worse, "Hey, does the 'A' stand for Anita?!" A girl pointed out and I shot my head up to Camilo.

"Uhh...sì, is that a problem?" The girl quickly shook her head and he smiled, a lot of wide eyes and surprised looks coming from the crowd.

"Yup, I did that!" Luis grinned, pointing to his face and Camilo chuckled.

Finally, the bell rang.

I released the deep breath that I hadn't even realised I was holding when everyone left. I let out a breathy chuckle and got up, Mirabel, Rosie and Madelyn all staring at me with crazy lunatic grins as we walked inside.

"You are definitively spilling tonight Anita." Mirabel sniggered.

~~~

I had told my family about the Madrigal's invitation as soon as I got home and dad agreed. We were almost late because Maria took ages to get ready but still, we made it just in time.

I walked with Abuela, holding a bouquet of flowers that she had bought so we wouldn't come empty handed.

We knocked on the door and waited, I looked at the casita and it waved at us, well, the window waved at us. Andrew at Tate giggled, Pà chuckled and waved back as we continued waiting.

"I'll get it Mà!" I heard a familiar voice yell as Camilo revealed himself, wearing a smile. "Hola, welcome!" He gestured and stepped aside so we could all walk in.

"Hola Camilo, how are you?" Abuela asked kindly, smiling at him.

"I'm great, how are you señora?" She greeted him warmly as we followed behind her.