𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥𝟢

I grabbed Camilo's hand and dragged him with me to the house

I grabbed Camilo's hand and dragged him with me to the house. The colours that had been in the sky were no longer there, it was surprisingly quiet as we made our way to the front door.

Dolores had shown up but there was no time for greetings because as we stood in the doorway, we could see Mirabel and Abuela Alma standing there. They both looked mad and like they were shouting.

Luis was standing to the side and Isabela was behind Mirabel. She had more of a punk rock style and was covered in colours as everyone filled the room and was watching the scene play out.

I looked to the side and saw Camilo eating an empanada so I slapped it out of his hands, shaking my head in disbelief.

🔆

"Look at our home...look at your sister!" Abuela Alma started shouting, Mirabel was shocked and looked taken back by the old woman's harsh tone.

"Please Isabela wasn't happy and-"

"Of course she wasn't happy you ruined her proposal!"

"No, no I she needs me to ruin her proposal," I was surprised at the news Mirabel was sharing, I guess she really had made up with her sister, "and we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks and that's why i'm in the vision, i'm saving the miracle-"

"You have to stop Mirabel!" She shouted again, loudly and full of anger that it made me feel guilty and I hadn't even done anything. "The cracks started because of you! Bruno left because of you!" I was full of anger at the moment, what crack was this lady on...no offence. Mirabel's eyes started watering and I knew she was almost on the verge of crying but she was stronger than that. "Luisa is losing her powers because of you! Isabela's out of control because of you! This is no excuse for you to hurt this family!"

"I will never be good enough for you..." She said softly, I felt like crying, I wanted to give her a hug. I had no idea what happened while we were gone but we had definitely missed a lot, i felt a warm hand cage my own and I glanced up to see Camilo, he looked sad.

"No matter how hard I try no matter how hard any of us try..." she continued, "Luis will never be strong enough, Isabela wont be perfect enough." I glanced around, Julieta looked devastated at the words coming out of her daughter's mouth, she looked devastated at the words Alma had said to her." Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him-"

"Bruno didn't care about this family-!" Abuela Alma cut in but was completely wrong.

"Bruno loved this family! I love this family! We all love this family!" I was so proud of my best friend, I guess all the anger she had built inside her had finally cracked. "You're the one who doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home!" Well, someone had to tell her.

"Don't you ever-"

"The miracle died because of you!" They glared at each other, both of them full of rage and anger which disappeared and turned into fear when we heard cracking.

We watched the cracks form across the walls, making it's way up towards the candle.

Shit.

The casita was going to break and everyone knew it. I looked to the side and Camilo wasn't there anymore, he was on  the second floor, running towards the candle, trying to get it, so was Isabela and Mirabel.

Isabela tried to get up but had fallen, the casita was pushing everyone out, even Camilo had gotten pushed out, I glanced to the side when I heard a crash.

Bruno had leapt out through a wall and was sprinting away.

I didn't know what to do, I stood t the foot of the stairs, casita hadn't pushed me out yet so I took the chance to run up stairs.

I am so fucking stupid, what am I supposed to do?!

I ran into Mirabel's nursery room and climbed out of the window, like Camilo and I did that one time since al the exits were broken.

"Anita! Mirabel!" I heard shouts from downstairs, I continued up to the roof and ran across towards the window with the candle.

We just had to get the candle and go, I don't know why the candle was so much more important than everyone's lives but still, if they wanted it that badly, then I would help. I hadn't been very helpful recently.

I ran into the room through the open window to retrieve the candle that had fallen, Mirabel was somewhere behind be, still making her way up but it was a lot harder when she had furniture and walls falling on her. At least the casita helped her doge them.

I grabbed the candle that was rolling on the floor, most of the wax had burnt, it was almost all melted but I grabbed it anyways. The flame was so close to my hand I think I got burnt a bit but still, I jumped out of the window.

"Anita!" Mirabel called out to me, she was barely hanging on the edge of the balcony, I grabbed her wrist and helped her get back up but then she yanked me down when a pillar started falling across the second story.

Casita made a little slide for us and I saw that it had also made a small tent shape out of doors and pillars so we could hide.

I glanced up, everyone was eagerly shouting and gawking at us with fear. Camilo looked scared and tried to get in but casita stopped everyone, a tear flowing down his face as Félix held him back.

We ran as fast as we could, dodging all the flying objects but I knew we wouldn't make it, the roof was already caving in and we were barely half way.

"Mirabel!" I shouted at her while we ran, she glanced back and I threw her the candle, she caught it and kept running towards the tent made out of furniture.

I made a split second decision, be a bitch and let us both be crushed to death...orrr push Mirabel forward so she would be covered by the furniture tent.

I took the second option. I leapt forward, pushing her so she lunged into the tent, a door fell, blocking the opening so there was no way to get in, not that I would have made it anyways.

I swear, that candle better be worth it or I would have done that for nothing.

I glanced up one last time, my breath barely catching up with me as I slowed down. I was far from the exits and by the looks of it, casita was trying to help me.

Trying.

"Anita!" I looked up one last time, smiling at Camilo, I heard a screech and screams, shouting and yelling as he desperately tried to get in, still they all feared for my life. I could tell, it was nice that they cared for me.

I looked around again, still no way to escape. I smiled, yanking my necklace form my neck and throwing it out, then...the roof came crashing down.

Honestly, I was pretty fucking stupid but at least Mirabel was ok. I mean, if I hadn't been there, she never would of made it out.

I thought of Papa, then my familia and...Mama, i'm sure she would have been proud of me.

Camilo's face still lingered in my mind, his eyes full of tears was the last thing I saw.

Lo siento.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
A/N
She kinda getting the vibe of an attention seeking bitch but yk we luv that so it's ok.

Kinda...

Anywho, this is a bit short but I didn't want to end on a random part so I ended on this.

Enjoy have a great day!!!