Chapter 1 - Lies

• Dedicated to Paige Thompson

I sat next to my boyfriend, Liu Woods, at the lunch table. Angela laughed as we gossiped about the lastest celebs and I listened to her babble on about the "top-notch" guys in school. Liu, well, he was amazing, he had great grades and outstanding cuteness. Which is why I am so very lucky to have him. "Your so blessed, Holly." Angela whispered, as Liu smiled at me. "I sure am." I dazzled. Me and Liu had been together for at least 3 months. I shoveled a few spoonfulls of yogurt into my mouth before the bell pierced our ears. It was P.E next. Today, we had curcuit training. Firstly, I had spin bikes along with Liu and Angela and Russ, who was an old friend, it was tiring. Liu just did it without breaking a sweat, while Angela, Russ and I were puffed after the first thirty seconds. Angela scraped her leg and there was quite alot of that red, gooey blood. Liu, as manly as he was, offered to to her to the medical room. I pedelled on as I watched him support her with a hand around her waist. I felt slightly jealous. That was a Lie, I felt incredibly jealous of her. He came back all puffed and sweaty. Even his shorts were slightly... disarranged. His shirt was no longer tucked in either and I couldn't help but feel suspicous. What had happened? I narrowed my eyes. No I cried in my head. There was no time to be the overly attached girlfriend. So I let it slip. Later, after school finished I met up with Lui outside the black, curved gates. "What happened with Angela in the medical room, was she ok?" I asked curiously. "She felt a little bit of pain, but I am sure she's fine." He replied. I stared into his alluring emerald green eyes. I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Well, I have to go or I will be late for dance practice." I smiled, lovingly. "Yes, bye" His lips curled upwards into a gleaming grin.

I copied every move in sync with my dance instructor. He gracefully twirled and I would elegantly swirl. I saw Liu outside the window, chatting with Angela. What now I thought. What I hadn't noticed was that I had stopped functioning. "Holly? What's wrong?" Alonzo inquired "Oh...." He said saddened. Suddenly, I turned and rushed to grab my phone, I had to distract them but I didn't want to seem like a over-protective and insecure person. So I grasped my dance teachers mobile. I dialled his number and secretively watched him reach into his pocket. Unfortunately, he pulled out a flower and one of my favourite chocolates and handed them both to her. I didn't fail to catch that post-it note with his mobile number on it. Alonzo stared at me with the communication item of his in my clammy hand. "You should go home." Alonzo said and then he added "Contact me if you ever feel lonely or unhappy, I will be happy to help." I just simply nodded. I slowly got changed and I struggled with my shoes. I literally ran out past them. Liu and Angela stared at me. Angela had a look of triumph in her eyes. Liu just looked confused. A couple saltly droplets trailed down my cheeks. I had to hold it in. I had to wait until I got home. I heard Liu's heavy footsteps and loud breaths behind me. "Holly. Wait!" Liu cried. I stopped and faced him. "Sorry, I am in a hurry, Mom wants me home early." I evaded. Then I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I took the quickest way home, since I knew all the short-cuts.

I reached my destination and I breached the front door. I slammed it shut and with urgent haste, bolted up the creaky stairs. I dived onto my  comfortable bed and rammed my face into my pillow. Liu, why? I cried in my deepest thoughts. My phone dinged. I checked it and read aloud. -Sorry, Angela's brother asked me to give her some things for her mom, which included the new house number. I also donated a chocolate for her. Their mom's got Cancer. -Liu x.  So I had been mistaken again. I tapped the screen repeatedly saying When? - H xx I pretended that I hadn't seen anything. Well, I guess I have nothing to worry about then.