Chapter Nine: Food Fight

Start from the beginning

"Okay well, you two better clean up and finish cooking because I think there needs to be actual food for a Thanksgiving dinner to be successful." Abby gestures to me and I look down at myself, covered in flour, gravy and who knows what else from the crossfire. Warner is also covered in all the stuff that was on me plus whatever I threw at him.

Adam is looking between us and suddenly I felt guilty. Is he mad? 

"And put some clothes on Warner you are making us look bad." Winston jokes and I snort. God, why didn't I have a cute laugh like normal girls? Instead, I was out here sounding like Peppa Pig.

__________________________

After showering Warner and I manage to finish all of the cooking without starting another war. This is mostly because everyone else was in the common room, probably to supervise us even though they would never flat out tell us that. 

We get to actually attend the event so I go to my room to pick out a pretty dress I can wear. All of the law departments would be there, including lawyers from various top firms I dreamed of doing my articling at.

I am mid-way through curling my hair when there is a knock on my door followed by the door handle but luckily I locked it. The moment I unlock my door I come face to face with Warner yet again and this time he's holding a plate in his hand. On instinct, I duck assuming he is going to throw it at me.

"Calm down crazy. It's a peace offering."

I narrow my eyes at the sandwich which has a smiley face made on the top slice of bread with cucumbers and tomatoes. "Why the sudden need to play Chef?" I ask sitting down cross-legged on the floor to eye his creation skeptically. It looks like a harmless sandwich but the horrors hidden deep within it might not be visible to the human eye.

He sits opposite me and cocks his head to one side like he's studying me, "I know for a fact that you haven't eaten anything but a granola bar since breakfast."

My mouth opens and paranoia hits me hard "Are you spying on me? Do you have hidden cameras installed in the building or something? Oh my god is there one in the shower?" I gasp and move to hit him but he captures my wrists and pushes me back into place.

"I'm not that creepy, I just have good sources" he shrugs getting up and leaving me to eat the sandwich in my room.

Who was this Warner and what did he do with the old one?

I finally decide on a dress, It was a deep red (of course) and is probably one of the classiest dresses I own. I can't exactly be showing off my boobs when this is meant to be a charity event. I also need to look professional and let's just say some of the dresses my mom bought me when I lost the weight didn't exactly give off future lawyer vibes.

I make Abby come into my room so that she can evaluate my hair, outfit and makeup before I let anyone else see me. She gives me a once-over before smacking my butt and giving me a thumbs up. That means I look good in Abby's language.

Warner's leaning against the sofa and intently watching Sports center so he doesn't hear us come into the common room. I feel slightly nervous about what I'm wearing now, does it look like I was trying too hard? Would he see through the facade?

"Girls is that you?" Warner asks as he straightens up and switches the TV off. Abby gives me a little nudge which pushes me forward, giving me a pointed look. She wants me to be more confident around Warner and by being confident she wants me to flirt up a storm.

"Thank god, I mean I get why making Jules look pretty might take so long but..." His words die in his throat as he rounds the corner and sees the two of us standing there. Warner's features morph into something one can only say is awe.

Is that for me?

I don't look any different except for the makeup and the hair. I'm wearing eyeliner with some shimmery silver eye shadow and there's some blush on my cheeks with my lips being painted a nude colour. It's not like I've turned into a Victoria's Secret model in the space of an hour, I just look like me.

"You...you..Err, you look good Jules." Warner awkwardly scratches the back of his neck and I blush immediately once again shuffling my feet but this time it's definitely nervousness.

Thankfully Abby broke the tension "Alright I definitely need a pic of you guys for our polaroid wall." I groan but she just pushes me into Warner. 

Right, when she is about to take the picture Adam walks into the common room and I see his eyes give me a once over. A grin took over his entire face even though Warner and I were posing for what looked like a couple photo. That's what I liked about Adam, he wasn't possessive or jealous and he doesn't seem to care how much time I spend with Warner.

After the photoshoot, Adam walks over to me and brushes back a piece of my hair. "Wow, you look beautiful Jules." 

I can't respond because Warner's head turned towards us hearing his nickname for me.

"Did you say Jules?" he looks at his best friend and I can tell he is trying to act nonchalant.

"Oh shit yeah my bad, I think I am so used to hearing you say Jules that I started saying it." Adam's words make me think. How often did Warner talk about me?

Warner seems to notice me thinking and he wastes no time hurrying us out the door before Adam can say anything else.

It was time to impress some lawyers