Chapter Nine: Food Fight

Comenzar desde el principio

I am left alone so I attempt to flip some of the vegetables that are in the frying pan but I almost spill them all over the floor when I try. I really need to learn how to cook sometime soon.

"The key is in the wrist," arms shoot out from behind my waist and take a hold of my hand that holds the spatula. All of a sudden I'm surrounded by Warner's cologne and the sound of his voice tells me he is closer than I want him to be. The fact that his arms are around me is seriously destroying my resolve. I don't want him to know that his nearness is having an effect so I straighten up my spine and nod like I'm listening to his instructions. His fingers are gentle as they clasp my wrist and help me flip the vegetables perfectly in the center of the pan.

"I did it." Smiling to myself I try to move to face him but at the same time, I turn my head and before I can make head or tails of the situation Warner grabs a nearby bowl of gravy and pours it all over my head.

I squeal while the cool thick liquid travels from the top of my head, slipping gradually inside my sweater making me squirm. I splutter and choke whilst Warner clutches his stomach laughing. He gasps like he could use a tank full of oxygen at this point.

I lean against the counter and angrily wipe at every reachable corner on my face but it dawns on me that nothing is salvageable at the moment and I'm going to need another shower. 

"You!" I lunge for Warner whose trying to catch his breath but failing miserably, grabbing a bowl of whisked egg whites. I take advantage of his distracted state and nearly smash the bowl over his heard so that the gooey liquid is smeared all over his precious hair.

"You didn't!" He growls and stalks towards me, I smile sweetly.

"Awww is the whittle baby hurt?" I coo and pinch his cheeks and apparently that's what it takes to set off Warner's fuse because he grabs me by the waist and throws me over his shoulder in a move fast as lightning. I can't even think too much about him holding my body or if he thinks I am heavy because I am too busy screaming for my life.

"You're going down," He says his voice dripping with promise and pure evil. I don't mind the view I am getting right now. His naked back is fully on view and the fact that he's walking causes the muscles to flex.

My screaming works because before he can finish his evil plan multiple doors open on our floor. Two seconds later Abby, Adam and Winston all run out into the kitchen probably expecting a murderer with the way I was yelling.

Instead, they stop in their tracks when they saw Warner and I covered in an array of thanksgiving food. Not to mention me hanging over Warner's shoulder who is also in fact shirtless. The kitchen is also a warzone behind us.

Warner freezes and so do I. A few seconds pass, I assume for them to take in the scene before them and then Abby bursts out laughing. She is followed by Winston and Adam who are both holding their stomachs from laughing so hard.

I can feel Warner vibrating as he starts laughing and if the blood wasn't rushing to my head I would be laughing too. 

"Okay, you can let me down now Warner!" I try to put some power behind my words but all he does is laugh in response. He finally puts me down and I take a second to regain balance. 

"I thought you guys were supposed to be cooking for that thanksgiving dinner not having a food fight!" Abby grins at us as like she knows something we don't.

"Hey Jules started it she made fun of my apron."

"You are the one who started the true war, you threw flour right at me!" I glare at Warner but he is just smiling at me looking very amused. Him looking at me like this with his green eyes shining and the corner of his mouth pulling up into what looks like a genuine smile, I can't help but smile back. It's all so foreign to me, all of this.