"Amma, Buaji, what happened?" Khushi asked them, looking at the men.

Arnav stayed stern, seeing the men.

Garima looked at them.

"He is my son-in-law, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada" Garima introduced him to the men.

"Hello sir," Arnav said formally.

"We are from Delhi Benefit Funds. Ten years ago, Mr. Shashi Gupta deposited a particular amount in our company. The funds got matured yesterday. That's why we are here to give it to the nominee, his wife Garima Gupta" One of them said.

"Oh... that's great," Ratna said excitedly.

"How much had he been deposited?" Arnav asked.

"Ten crores"

"Oh..." he raised his brows whereas Khushi's eyes widened.

"The amount is now nearly twelve crores"

Arnav looked at Garima who was hesitating.

"Do you want to say something, aunty?" Arnav asked.

Garima nodded no.

"Then get the cheque," he said.

The offices gave the cheque to Garima. She took the cheque signing in the register. The officers left RM.

"Why are you looking disturbed aunty?" Arnav asked.

"Shashiji didn't tell me anything about the FD... ever..." she said thoughtfully.

"He might have wanted to surprise you..." Arnav said.

"If he saved such a huge amount, why did he commit suicide?" Buaji asked with confusion.

"Haan, Buaji is right... why did he commit suicide when he has the source of money?" Khushi asked.

"And, Shashiji didn't have the habit of saving," Garima said.

"Garima is right. She always fought with him for his irresponsibility. Why didn't he defend himself when she fought if he saved a huge amount?" Buaji asked.

"I just can't understand why are you guys confused. This is a huge amount. Why should the Benefit funds' officers give you money if Shashi uncle didn't deposit it?" Arnav asked.

They were silent.

"Just be happy that Shashi uncle didn't leave you without money. Relax..." Arnav said.

Garima nodded yes.

At the same time, Laila came to RM with Arvind. Without giving heed to Garima and Buaji, she walked upstairs.

"Aunty, you are the sole owner of twelve crores. Just think about it" Arnav said.

Laila's legs refused to move, hearing that. How did they get twelve crores? From where? It seems, she can't corner Khushi taking her economic status anymore. After all, she is the only legal heir of Garima. Why does Khushi get security in everything? She is already haughty as she got a supportive husband. Adding to it, she got money in crores... this is hell.

"Twelve crores? Really? But how?" Arvind asked.

"Shashi uncle had been deposited ten crores in Delhi Benefit Funds private limited Dad. The amount got matured yesterday. Just now Garima aunty received the cheque"

"Wow... that's so awesome... My Shashi never fails. Didn't I tell you Ratna?" Arvind said proudly.

Ratna nodded yes with a smile.

"Go and prepare dinner for Garima and Didi," Arvind said.

"That's ok, Bhai," Garima said.

"Why, Garima? Won't you eat in your daughter's house?" Arvind asked.

"Dad... she is a millionaire now... we can't order her" Arnav teased.

Khushi chuckled whereas Garima nodded NO urgently.

"No, Chotte... Garima is a simple woman just like Ratna" Arvind said.

"Yes, Chotte, money can't change her," Ratna said.

"Have dinner with us aunty" Arnav said.

Garima nodded ok.

"You be with Khushi... I will prepare dinner" Ratna said.

"She was with me for the whole day. I will help you in the kitchen" Garima said.

"I will also be with you," Khushi said.

Garima extended the cheque to Arnav who looked at her dumbfounded.

"I will take it from you later," she said. Arnav nodded ok and took it from her.

"Chotte, the amount is huge. Finish the legal formalities to get it. Garima should not face any problem regarding" Arvind said.

Arnav nodded ok and went taking the cheque with him.

The women came to the kitchen whereas Laila went upstairs. Khushi prepared coffee and gave it to HP.

"Hpji, give this to Arnav"

"Jee..."

"Haripraksh, wait..." Garima stopped him.

"Khushi, you go taking the coffee," Garima said.

"That's ok, Amma. Arnav will understand..."

Ratna smiled.

Garima took the cup from HP's hand and stuffed it in Khushi's hand.

"Go... when you are here, you should take it for him," she said strictly.

Khushi sighed and went to their room. She saw Arnav thinking something deeply, leaning on the recliner. He sat straight, seeing her. Khushi extended the cup towards him. Taking it from her, he sipped.

"What do you think about the cheque?" she asked.

Arnav raised his head and looked at her.

"I think nothing about it," he said.

"Is not it sounding weird?"

"What?"

"The man who committed suicide had forgotten about the huge amount that is going to be matured soon..."

"Maybe... as he was in stress"

"Then he would have definitely remembered it... because I was with him in his last days. He was thinking of all the possible ways to get out of the problem"

"Oh..."

Khushi became thoughtful.

"Don't stress your brain a lot. You guys got money. Garima is going to be independent... she doesn't need anyone's help anymore. You should be happy about it"

Khushi nodded yes and left the room. Arnav spilled a winning smile.

To be continued...