4

Sad

I'm sitting in carriage look anywhere but at my uncle.

"Violet, don't be such a-"

I scoff

"Did you just scoffed at me?"

He grabs my hair
"DID YOU JUST SCOFFED AT ME VIOLET?

When I don't respond he slaps me. He has been beating me up past few days so I am not surprised

"BEHAVE YOURSELF AND DONT YOU DARE EMBARRASS ME IN FRONT OF THESE PEOPLE!

I nod as I wipe my tears and sob.

After some time he speaks again

"Oh stop this play Violet, your being pathetic, me and your aunt got married just like you and look at us we are happily married with two children, my son is also happily married and Valentina will also be soon, you have to be grateful that you got such a handsome kind and rich fiancé"

Of course "happily" married my aunt is scared of you Edward stop talking this nonsense.

~

We arrive at my soon to be home and I see Anthony standing there In his new suit, with blank expression on his face and his mother beside him grinning.

I fix my dress, gloves and walk out of carriage.

"Hello sweetheart" Anthony says with nothing but a smile

"Hello Anthony" he grabs my hand and kisses it.

I will vomit

"Lets go in? Shall we?" He looked at Edward

He smiles at Anthony and nods.

Anthony's mother Dolores greets us with hug.

I am getting bad vibes from her.

She clicks her hands calling maids.

Why people treat maids like objects and trained animals.

"Yes my master?"

"Show this lovely girl her room"

"Alright"

"Follow me" she said with polite smile which I returned.

I was devastated, sad, I don't want to spend my life on making family with the man i don't love!

I got snapped out of my thoughts when i bumped into wall.

"Ow-" i said

"Are you alright, Ms?"

"Yes, I am alright"

I walked into room looking around

"You will stay here until the wedding, after wedding you'll stay in room with master Anthony"

Self-centered and cruel Anthony!

I hate him!

"Yes, thank you"

I said and sat on bed.
I don't like this bedroom, it's dark and just not my style.

I lay on my bed and don't even notice how i fell asleep

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
I woke up with someone, playing with  my hair?

I stood up quickly meeting Anthony's green eyes.

Creep

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Now Violet, you do not scream at your future husband, mind your manners darling"

"MANNERS?! IM LOCKED UP IN THIS DARK ROOM THAT ISN'T EVEN WHAT I LIKE! WITH THE MAN I HAVE NO INTEREST IN! I NEVER WANTED TO MAKE FAMILY! YES I SAID IT OUT LOUD, I WANT TO BE A 1ST WOMAN WRITER, WHY CAN'T I DO THINGS I WANT?"

Before even knowing it I was crying.
I expected him to beat me up scream at me or do something else but instead he,

Gave me

A hug

"I know darling, I know its hard for you and you never wanted it but its your life now, you'll have to get used to it and about room, i would let you in sleep in my room but you know it's unacceptable before marriage. I will try to figure something out if thats what you want"

He was...understanding?

"Look you haven't even unpacked yet let me help you" he said patting my head

He grabbed my suitcase and started grabbing things

"Its really pretty dress" he said

"Such a nice doll, you would play with it when you were younger?"

Why was he so nice?

"Uh yeah, her name is Beatrice"

He chuckles

I help him and put everything in it's place

"Why do you want to marry me Anthony?"

"Because you are pretty and from wealthy family" he said

"Thats all?"

"Yes, I mean i would love get to know you but" he grabs my chin " we have lifetime for that, don't we Darling?"

I gulp and nod.

"Great, but you won't ever yell at me ever again, Violet you have to learn how to obey me or else we you will face consequences of your actions"

He is annoying.