“Tell me why you think I’d hurt her.” He said while his eyes narrowed. Zayn had always made it clear with girls when it wasn’t real. Most of them didn’t want a real relationship anyway. The only one who was even close to getting one was Perrie, and she broke up with him first anyway. Zayn chuckled bitterly at the memory. He never played her, never lied to her, it was one hundred percent honest and she broke up with him. Harry ran a hand through his wild curls and sighed.

 “I’m just saying,” he started, lifting his head back up. “She seems like she’s been through a lot; the smallest thing, the smallest misunderstanding could tear her apart.” Zayn nodded in agreement with Harry.

 “I know,” he said, his brown eyes dulling. “I feel like she’s been the one taking care of her sister most of the time.” Harry patted Zayn on the shoulder and gave him a weak smile.

“It’ll be okay in the end.” He chuckled and walked back inside, Zayn in tow. Everyone else was standing up and getting ready to pay. Zayn walked over to Melissa and grabbed her hand. He pulled her outside and looked at her.

“Yeah, Zayn?” She asked, somewhat bitterly. She didn’t like it when people pulled her outside without her consent; it unnerved her.

“I just wanted to apologize for dragging you here,” He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. “It wasn’t right, and I’m sorry…” Zayn trailed of and looked at her; Melissa just rolled her eyes playfully and laughed.

 “It’s alright, Zayn. I had a lot of fun.” Zayn raised an eyebrow and his eyes held a slight twinkle.

 “Really?” She nodded and hugged him.

“Thank you.” She stated simply, and pulled back from the hug. Zayn nodded and grinned; he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

 “Can I have your number?” He asked her. “I want to be able to stay in touch…that’s probably the only way.” Melissa seemed to hesitate for a moment before giving in and handing him her phone. Zayn was quick to plug in his number and snap a picture and Melissa did the same to his phone. “Thank you.” He said, smiling brightly at her. She nodded and sighed after looking at the time.

 “I need you guys to take me back to the coliseum. I got to get my car and get home.” Zayn nodded and walked with her to the car where they waited for the guys. They were fine for a few minutes and then paparazzi showed up. They were throwing questions out and Zayn could tell that Melissa didn’t like it.

“Are you two dating?”

“Is there a new couple on the rise?”

 “How long have you known each other?”

“Is this the first date?”

Zayn quickly became agitated and looked towards Melissa. He whispered only one word and then pushed her towards the entry to the diner. “Calm.” She nodded and quickly ran to the door; when she got inside Harry raised an eyebrow.

 “What’s going on?” He asked her and she shrugged.

“Paparazzi.” Was the only word she said; they were the only reason why she didn’t want to do anything like singing or acting, she didn’t want to deal with the problems of fame. Harry’s eyes widened and he quickly ran to the door and looked outside.

 “Shit,” He muttered, turning around and looking at Liam. “What do we do?” He asked, raising an eyebrow once again. “He’s out there, we’re all in here. How do we help him?” Liam shrugged.

“We go out there.” Harry looked at Liam like he was crazy.

“What, but we’re finally away from it.” Liam shook his head and patted Harry on the shoulder.

“Zayn’s by himself, mate. We have to help.” Harry sighed heavily with his shoulders slumping.

 “Alright.” He said, opening the door. Liam turned to Melissa and shook his head at her.

“You don’t need to say a word, just stay in between Louis and myself, okay?” Melissa nodded quickly; she had no problem with doing what Liam told her. The all quickly ran to where Zayn was and they saw him visibly relax when they got up to him.

“Thank God.” He muttered, waiting for Louis to unlock his car.

“Louis.” Liam hissed, looking at the older boy. Louis quickly unlocked the car and everyone hopped in.

“Well…that was certainly interesting,” Melissa said, giggling slightly. “I mean, I’ve never seen so many people that crazy for information in my life.” Harry and Zayn both chuckled in unison and looked at you.

“It happens,” Harry said, “Quite often actually.” Melissa nodded as Zayn nodded in agreement.

“Oh.” She mumbled, turning her head to her phone and signing into twitter. The first thing she went to was her mentions and they made he raise an eyebrow. How do people know my twitter already? She asked herself mentally. Melissa didn't think that they'd done anything that would've put her complete identiy out there. Melissa did, however, see that people said she and Zayn looked cute together. It made a faint blush appear on her cheeks and she quickly snapped herself out of it. She didn't know why Zayn was affecting her this way; Melissa knew though, that it needed to stop.

--

The ride to the coliseum had been a quiet one and Zayn wasn’t very happy. Melissa chuckled. “Zayn, you’ll see me again, okay?” Zayn nodded and grinned. “My sister will be dying to meet you all anyway," Melissa shook her head slightly and smiled. "Once she finds out that I have your number she'll want to call." 

“That’s true.” He said, laughing as they walked to Melissa’s car. They reached it and Zayn sighed.

“Cheer up, pretty boy,” Melissa said, laughing. “You have my number. I still don’t like you, but you have my number.” She winked playfully and got into her car. “It was nice meeting you.” She said, rolling her window up and pulling out of the parking lot. Zayn waved behind as she left and he caught a flash of her wave before she disappeared on the road.

--

              “Mate, it’s been a week. We have work to do!” Niall whined for about the seventh time that day. Zayn just grumbled and sighed heavily. His arms sat crossed over his chest and the other boys were getting annoyed with him.

“She’s probably busy, man.” Louis said, dragging Zayn up. “You’re working, that’s final.” Zayn nodded.

“Alright, fine.” He said, “But if my phone rings I’m leaving.” All the other boys nodded and looked at each other. They were all wondering the same thing about why they supported Zayn’s crush, what had they done?

-----

Here's chapter 2! I hope you enjoy it<3

Comment.

Vote.

Tweet.

Like.

and all that jazz.

-Katie xoxo