Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                Zayn’s POV

                Zayn didn’t understand; nothing was working! Every other time he tried to charm a girl, it worked. It worked with Abby, Lynette, Marigold, and it even worked with Perrie; why was she different? He shook his head, letting go all of those thoughts as the finished rehearsing their set for that night’s show.

 “I’m gonna go get, Mel,” Liam said, turning to face the rest of the boys. Zayn raised an eyebrow, challenging him.

 “Why?”

 “Because she’s zoned out and will probably freak out if we leave her here after you forced her to watch.” Liam snapped; Zayn frowned.

 “Sorry.” He mumbled. Liam sighed deeply and tried to relax.

“No, I’m sorry…it’s just, you know how I feel about these things.” Zayn nodded and gestured for him to go get her.

 “Go.” He told Liam and went to turn around but was stopped by a hand on his arm. Zayn turned around and saw Harry standing there with a raised eyebrow.

 “What’s the deal?” Zayn looked away and shook his head.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about…” He said, trailing off. Harry chuckled and forced Zayn to turn around.

“You like her.” It was those three words that freaked Zayn out. He’d never really liked a girl before; it’s not that they were games to him; he just didn’t really want a full-blown relationship. Zayn wanted to deny it, but he didn’t think he could.

“I…” He started, but found that he couldn’t deny it without feeling like he was lying to himself and everyone around him. Harry’s eyes widened.

 “You do, don’t you?” Zayn looked at him and shrugged.

“I don’t know, man. All I know is that she’s beyond gorgeous, and she’s sweet,” Zayn raised an eyebrow and grinned. “What’s not to like?”

---

                Zayn took a seat at the table beside Niall; he was frustrated. Melissa was sitting there joking around with Harry and Louis. Was Zayn jealous? He didn’t want to be; he tried so hard to make it so he wasn’t; he just couldn’t help it. Zayn found himself staring at her often, and he would have to shake himself of the not so appropriate thoughts that clouded his mind.

 “Zayn?” He heard a voice ask, he quickly looked over to where he heard it-Melissa. She laughed and shook her head at him. “Are you alright?” She asked him, raising one eyebrow. Zayn felt his cheeks flush lightly and he nodded.

 “I’m fine,” He told her, “just thinking.” Melissa shook her head softly and her bright blue eyes twinkled with amusement.

“If you say so.” She turned and faced Liam, continuing their conversation. Zayn was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the conversation changing. Zayn looked down at his plate where the food lay uneaten. He shook his head once and took a bite; he needed to snap out of it, this wasn’t good for him. He felt a tap on his shoulder and saw Harry motioning for him to follow. Zayn reluctantly got up and followed Harry outside.

 “What’s up?” He asked, raising one dark eyebrow.

 “You need to find a way to get her number before she goes home.” Harry stated simply, his green eyes looking into Zayn’s. Zayn shook his head profusely.

 “She doesn’t want it,” He chuckled and rolled his eyes slightly. “She doesn’t want me either, which is a strange turn of events.”

“You like her, though,” Harry argued, flicking Zayn on the forehead. “Find a way to make her like you. It shouldn’t be too hard. You’ve gotten plenty of girls to like you before,” Harry thought for a moment and then narrowed his eyes. “But if you do get her to like you, you better not hurt her.” Zayn looked at Harry.