Chapter 40

Saylors pov:

It's daxtons birthday! My favorite day of the whole year

It's daxtons birthday! My favorite day of the whole year. I sneak out of bed out to the kitchen. I set out one of Daxtons gift on the table, nicely wrapped with a bow. I turn on Christmas music and dance while I start on breakfast.

I'm too busy in my own little world to realize daxton had been watching me. He puts his hands around my waist from the back and sways them with the music. I can't help but smile as he does this. Butterflies flutter through my stomach. Daxton spins me around so that I'm now facing him and sets me on the counter. I forget the stove is hot and I let out a scream, clinging myself onto Daxton like a monkey. It's silent for a minute before we both erupt out with laughter.

"Oh my god 'say'. Are you ok?"

I nod my head still laughing. "I'm completely fine." I slip out of Daxtons grip and he sets me down slowly. I can see the worry in his eyes. I cup his cheek rubbing small strokes with my thumb on his cheek. "I'm just fine babe. I promise." Daxton smiles slowly.

"You know I always visioned this in my head." Daxton says letting out a laugh. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You know, you dancing in the kitchen making breakfast in my t-shirt that goes down to your knees." I smile at the picture in my head as well. "I just never thought it would end up with me almost setting you on fire." I burst out laughing. Daxton too. Tears, actual tears are now coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard. I am quickly interrupted when the fire alarm goes off. Shit. I just burned breakfast.

Luckily there was no fire just lots of smoke and charcoaled food. Daxton grabs a towel, airing out the smoke. Greyson comes out with a very annoyed look. "What the hell is going on?" Me and daxton look at each other and have another laughing fit. "Oh you know, I just burned breakfast." Greyson rolls his eyes. "Well could you try and be a little less clumsy?" Greyson says annoyed before slamming his door. I shrug my shoulders. "So how do you feel about going out for breakfast?" I say laughing. "My treat." I add. Daxton laughs. "I'll grab the keys.

Well this wasn't how I planned Daxtons birthday, not even close. "Sorry for ruining your birthday." I mutter as we sit down at a booth. "What do you mean?" Daxton laughs out. "You didn't ruin my birthday. The day just started." I shrug. "Well I had a whole cute cheesy plan and now look at where we are." Daxton grabs my hands. "You worry too much. Things don't always go as planned, and it's ok. There's no other place I would rather be. This is perfect babe." I roll my eyes as he kisses me on the forehead.

When we are done eating we head back home. Daxtons one request for his birthday was to have a chill day. All he wanted to do was watch tom and jerry all day in bed and eat junk food. So that's exactly what we did. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more perfect. Me tangled in daxtons arms, the fire place on, cartoons at 10:30, with snow falling outside. An absolute dream.

I untangle myself from daxtons arms to grab one of his presents. "Here. This is your present we never got around to last night." I say smiling. "Babe, I told you I didn't need anything. I have you. That's all I need." I roll my eyes at his cheesiness. "Just open the damn present." Daxton let's out a laugh before delicately unwrapping the present. His eyes light up when he sees them. "Saylor. You did not." I nod my head proudly. "I did." "I've been wanting these forever. These are so expensive how- wha-" He's at a loss for words. "Do you like them? I didn't know what color you wanted." Daxton gestures me to come closer to him. He pulls me into a big hug. "They're perfect baby. Thank you." He then presses our lips together.